TNT HD on Voom???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
With the Timberwolves headed to the Western Conference Finals after tomorrow's win against Sacramento, it would be nice to get TNT HD on Voom. I did a Google search this morning on "TNT HD" and the lone sponsored link was from Voom. Is this a hint of things to come, or do they sponsor any search with HD in the text?

the google sponsor thing isn't a sign cause the word HD and TNT are both on voom's website and they make sure if any of those words are searched...voom's website shows up. heck just put HD in the search and voom shows up first.

but i am hoping voom adds TNT HD to its line up cause i really dont wanna see the eastern conference finals on ESPN..rather western conf on TNT.

I think VOOM will NOT carry TNT-HD at the outset. The reason I say this is because I received a beautiful new flyer from VOOM in the mail today. It was completely updated to include ESPN. I would think if TNT-HD was coming they would have included it in the new flyer. I don't see why they would send out a flyer today, and have it already outdated by next week.

Sorry, I just think TNT-HD will not be on VOOM, at least not initially.

I watched New Jersey and Minn games on TND HD yesterday with Time Warner cable. Will switch to voom soon though. Does voom offer VOD?

// Correction: On TNT HD

Did you guys notice, that every SD channels that VOOM carries, if it has an HD version, voom has it. So it makes sense that if they have sd tnt they would have the HD once it is available. If they dont get tnt hd, it will be the first time on VOOm thst they had an SD version of the channel and not the HD version.

kotto_bass said:
I watched New Jersey and Minn games on TND HD yesterday with Time Warner cable. Will switch to voom soon though. Does voom offer VOD?
What is TND?
VOD would be hard to do over satellite due to bandwidth limitations.

Its odd that VOD is being spun off with voom. What will happen with it? will rainbow media gain profit from VOD to offset voom's losses in the first year or two? What will they do sell VOD services back to cablevision?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)