TNT HD very jerky video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NFL Network was jerky at the beginning for me, but it is much smoother now. I'm on the 129 satellite. This is obviously a Dish issue though. They need to clean up their act or I'll go to the minimum package allowed and back to cable.

As for the #1 provider... If you mean DirecTV... I ended my account early and after those unreturned receiver fees they tried to stick me with one day after they "sent" a recovery box that never arrived I will never deal with them again. They autocharged hundreds of dollars because of a fraudulent claim. Luckily my bank agreed with me and I was refunded. Only after that happened would DirecTV deal with me fairly. They are #1 at theft. That is about all.

I saw the same issues with TNT-HD a few weeks ago while they were showing a movie. The SD channel was fine, but the HD channel had A LOT of dropped frames and was totally unwatchable.

Have you tried skipping back 30 seconds or a minute and re-watching the show? I've noticed that the frames seem to all be there; it seems to be playing back at normal speed when the frames get dropped. Pausing and advancing a single frame at a time shows all the frames seem to be there.

And it's more channels than TNT-HD and NFL-HD, too.

I believe that this is an issue at the uplink, when they are transcoding this stuff to MPEG4. To my knowledge, they are still receiving these HD Feeds (except HBO) in MPEG2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)