Tnt Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlosvic

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Another week of Nascar on TNT. Another week of no TNT HD. TNT SD feed looks like sh*t on my TV. Very frustrating trying to enjoy the race with such poor pic quality.

At leat NBC offers the race in HD. I hate this Fox/NBC/TNT season split.

What the heck is D* waiting for!!!!!

I second that motion. After watching Nascar in HD on Fox and NBC, these TNT Sd broadcasts look terrible. When I signed up for DirecTV last January, I figured we would have TNTHD by now, but we don't even have a solid rumor.

But don't forget about the Races that were on FX, those also looked crappy.
I for one, wish all of the races were on Fox.

I agree with you there....I miss the Boogity Boogity Boogity...and Crank it up!!

The lack of content in Direct's HD pack has justified in my eyes me cancelling the pack. Without the pack I still get HBOHD and SHOTIMEHD because I sub to the movie packs....and I get CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC in HD....also YESHD when they are showing the Yankees. But there is no excuse for not having TNTHD by now. It' just not justified. There's no excuse. I dont want to hear there's no bandwidth. TNTHD has been around for a while now and Direct could have cleared up some bandwidth for it by now. Simply put Direct has done a horrible job to this point in providing HD for the masses. To this point...because I am very aware of what they plan to do in the future. But I'm living for the now and right now they arent even providing TNTHD which has become one good HD ch. It's not perfect, but when I had VOOM it was a ch that I always found myself watching. I cant afford the football pack with HD.....I want TNTHD in the HD pack. Lets go!!! Not enough bandwidth? Come on.

I got E* installed in addition to D* so i could get TNT HD and VOOM, whoever has their sh** together next year when my 1 year commits both end about the same time gets my continued business ,the loser gets the boot.

enoree said:
I got E* installed in addition to D* so i could get TNT HD and VOOM, whoever has their sh** together next year when my 1 year commits both end about the same time gets my continued business ,the loser gets the boot.
Next year I am going to get my roof redone.....so the dishes have to come down. If Direct doesnt have things together by then with some HD ...then the Direct dish isnt going back up. I figure if they dont have things moving in a year then I can't give them my money anymore....but to get back to the original point of this thread...where in the world is tnthd. I mean its one damn ch. What the heck is the holdup? One HD ch.

I also agree that TNT HD is LONG overdue. I don't buy the bandwidth argument. I do know there is bandwidth issues but there is know way they could not have made space for this one very in demand channel by now. They sure do not have a problem showing the YES HD games, or Sunday Ticket games last year or the NBA games that would be on channels 94-96 this past season.

If it comes down to YES HD games and TNTHD, they can keep TNTHD. Nothing ever on it.

DobyMax said:
If it comes down to YES HD games and TNTHD, they can keep TNTHD. Nothing ever on it.
I disagree. The downfall to YESHD is its "Regional Only" so everyone like myself dosen't have access to it. So YESHD is a waste of Bandwidth to me not you! TNTHD however is National channel and its of much more use, especially when they broadcasted this past NBA games, Current NASCAR races and the NHRC! Those alone relish my thirst for TNTHD! :yes

Smthkd said:
I disagree. The downfall to YESHD is its "Regional Only" so everyone like myself dosen't have access to it. So YESHD is a waste of Bandwidth to me not you! TNTHD however is National channel and its of much more use, especially when they broadcasted this past NBA games, Current NASCAR races and the NHRC! Those alone relish my thirst for TNTHD! :yes

Its all about preference. YESHD is a waste of bandwidth for users without MLB EI just like ST Superfan will be a waste of bandwidth for users without ST.

Chado said:
Its all about preference. YESHD is a waste of bandwidth for users without MLB EI just like ST Superfan will be a waste of bandwidth for users without ST.

I have ST and still think the Superfan package is a waste of bandwidth.

Yea I just got propositioned from Time Warner cable, all the HD content of DirecTV plus INHD1, INHD2, TNTHD and all the local channels in HD, a total of 18. Plus it is MUCH cheaper than DirecTV.

not trying to start anything or sound cocky, but TNT does a great job with the races in HD, I have them via E* and I absoultely love it, I am sure Directv will pick it up with the mpeg 4 switchover! Go T-Stew, enjoy fellas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)