TNTs 'Wide Ope Coverage'.....

SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!! If you have a HD set with 16:9 ratio, you want the whole picture!

I like the fact that there are less commercial breaks (other than the local breaks), but they take up WAY to much of the screen for the "this portion brought to you by" sections.

open, coverage - they used commercial inserts over the race running in the background.

I found the commercials distracting so I muted them and I could concentrate on the racing while ignoring the ads. I'm not sure that's what they had in mind, but...

open, coverage - they used commercial inserts over the race running in the background.

I found the commercials distracting so I muted them and I could concentrate on the racing while ignoring the ads. I'm not sure that's what they had in mind, but...

That is why I started watching the race and paused it for forty minutes. By the time it ended I was almost to the end. I skipped pass the commercials when I did not want to see them.

I liked it, just dont like the 3 network deal that Nascar has......Ode to the days of Fox and NBC/TNT

The thing that bugged me the most is that it seemed like about 1/3 of the screen was chopped off...and empty part of the time. I'd much rather them give us full 16:9 coverage until they want to show a commercial and then reduce the size of the race view. But to do it for the entire race was terrible. Oh, and yes - I really miss FOX!!!!!!

I liked it, too! I've always hated missing exciting racing or a crash because of commercials. Initially, the commercials were distracting, but I trained myself to ignore them and just watch the race.

I hated it. What a waste for HD viewers. I zoomed the picture to get rid of the crap on the bottom third of the screen.

Please, please, please NASCAR don't ever sign a deal with TNT again!

I hated it. What a waste for HD viewers. I zoomed the picture to get rid of the crap on the bottom third of the screen.

Please, please, please NASCAR don't ever sign a deal with TNT again!

I agree. Nascar should stay with coverage that everyone can see, not just cable or satellite coverage. I like TNT, but at Nascar they are the worse, Picture quality is bad, more ads than anyone else, now all this garbag on the screen instead of full view. If it was'nt for DVR I would not waste my time, I would go back to just listening to Radio coverage. Just my opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts