to all the directv bashers out there, listen up!!

• ISSUES POSTING REPLIES

WE UNDERSTAND SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT REPLY TO POSTS AND WE ARE WORKING N IT.

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
for some reason you all bash directv, i guess you have your self indulging reasons. we'll go from there.

1 some just need a reason to bash

2 some think that Murdock ought to get on a service channel and talk to you , yeah right. ain't gonna happen

3 ergen gets on his chats and promises his people the moon and stars, his associates roll their eyes on TV and almost fall over, the promises never come true.

4 directv is going to light up the spaceways within the next 2 months and if you have directv, you will be very happy.

5 before you naysayers say a word,,,,,do you REALLY think spaceway 1 is doing all it was capable of?? NO!

6 if you don't like directv ....MOVE ON!

dragon002 said:
for some reason you all bash directv, i guess you have your self indulging reasons. we'll go from there.

2 some think that Murdock ought to get on a service channel and talk to you , yeah right. ain't gonna happen

3 ergen gets on his chats and promises his people the moon and stars, his associates roll their eyes on TV and almost fall over, the promises never come true.

4 directv is going to light up the spaceways within the next 2 months and if you have directv, you will be very happy.

5 before you naysayers say a word,,,,,do you REALLY think spaceway 1 is doing all it was capable of?? NO!

And to all you DirectTV cheerleaders out there, who obsess that they may have made the wrong choice and are trying to convince everyone that Direct is better:

1. Some just need to rant!

2. Murdoch ain't gonna promise anything except the capability of 150 national HD channels.

3. See above.

4. E10, E11.

5. Then again ...

6. If you don't like E*, GET A LIFE. Stop trying to convert the heathens.

Unless you have had or have both, you should not be able to say one way or the other which is better, you have no right to , unless you have had both- other wise how do you know for sure about the other service (as they change often).

In the last 10 MOnths I have had both at the same time. I can say for a fact they are both very close and very good, about equal in everything generaly.

After all they are compeditors. One is better than they other at some things and one is better at the other, but in the end, they are both about equal.

So lets not start a bashing who is better than they other thread and all just get along, nothing to see here, move along. . .

Last edited:
dragon002 said:

GET A LIFE YA NUT JOB

Both D* and E* are good, they both have their strong points and each has their weaknesses and neither is perfect. A long time ago I worked for a satellite dealer who sold both at the time, I had E* from 96 - 05, I now have Comcast because I can no long get line of site to the satellite at the home that I currently live at. I like E* better then Comcast and I suspect I would like D* better too. I still favor E* over all 3 of the above mentioned providers for 2 reasons, I like the programing choices and packaging on E* better then D* or Comcast, and I like the 2 room receiver option with E*, but that is just my personal preference. I feel all this bickering between the E* supporters and the D* supporters is just plane silly, kind of like the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge rivalries that have gone on for years. :)

OK to be fair and balanced Dragon you are also baiting a bit here.

There is less than 1% difference between DirecTV and Dish Network to me; and yes I have had both AT THE SAME TIME and neither is "night and day better" as some of you try to claim.

I have been with DirecTV since 1996 and had Dish Network for 2 years ended 12/05. I like DirecTV for their better service, better hardware (reassessing this now that they are D branded only), better future plan and the NFL ST.

These are MY reasons.

charper1 said:
OK to be fair and balanced Dragon you are also baiting a bit here.

There is less than 1% difference between DirecTV and Dish Network to me; and yes I have had both AT THE SAME TIME and neither is "night and day better" as some of you try to claim.

I have been with DirecTV since 1996 and had Dish Network for 2 years ended 12/05. I like DirecTV for their better service, better hardware (reassessing this now that they are D branded only), better future plan and the NFL ST.

These are MY reasons.

It's easier for me than that. D* has YES, E* doesn't.

I have very good reason to bash my provider when their hardware is slower and offers less functionality than their hardware of 3 years ago. I've got a REALLY good reason to bash them for something else I'm not at liberty to disclose.

I know and agree with you projoman.

but this guy guffy looks more and more like a paranoid psychotic.

projectorsrule said:
I have very good reason to bash my provider when their hardware is slower and offers less functionality than their hardware of 3 years ago. I've got a REALLY good reason to bash them for something else I'm not at liberty to disclose.
Projectorsrule, can you elaborate a little bit on the something else.

dragon002 said:
the heathens and low lifes would be ergens subs!!

Hay man, I take offense at that comment. I had both, and to me it's all about the HD. Direct can't touch Dish in that department.

dragon002 said:

As indicated by their own graph in a recent presentation, D* will suck hind tit in National HD until sometime in 2007. The spot beam sats will provide lots of Mpeg4 locals but they are worthless without providing ALL locals and an Mpeg4 HDDVR. The bigger question is will they improve the PQ of the current mpeg2 HD channels?

Last edited:
Some people like coke, others like Pepsi.

The same goes for satellite television. Dragon loves DirecTV as much as he hates Dish Network.

If you step back and take a look both companies have them positives and negatives. If you want to compaire both services honestely you must really open both eyes and investigate both services for yourself where you can make an educated decission on whats best for you and your family.

I have no doubt that they both are very close to each other. As stated many times, one does some things better than the other and it goes both ways. Deciding factor here except for the fact that I am so vested in D*, Once again boys, yes i am going to say it again. I work in the sports marketing industry and D* has the most powerful sports organization in the world. I can not state it more clearly, never, ever underestimate the POWER of the NFL. It is all about the numbers and the Sunday Ticket is by far the strongest sports package out there period. Oh yes it also happens to be the only one that has one provider. So for anyone that once to stick it to D*, they don't care!!! At least until 2011!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Some people like coke, others like Pepsi.

The same goes for satellite television. Dragon loves DirecTV as much as he hates Dish Network.

If you step back and take a look both companies have them positives and negatives. If you want to compaire both services honestely you must really open both eyes and investigate both services for yourself where you can make an educated decission on whats best for you and your family.

Scott can you please stop with your obvious preference for Pepsi? Geez can't even capitalize Coke.:devil:

How can we take your opinion seriously when you are such an obvious Pepsi whore?:D

I like Coke! And I have to ask if the pic on "ProjectorsRule" is really him because if so he is kinda scaring me.

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
I like Coke! And I have to ask if the pic on "ProjectorsRule" is really him because if so he is kinda scaring me.

Pepsi all the way, and i was wondering about projectors avatar also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)