to dish techs and contractors

tyco2291

Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
United States
I am a dish tech in VA I have been there for 3 years now with no pay increase due to "numbers" for techs that get a pay raise every year how do you do it our location hasn't found a secret yet 1 or 2 of us get a pay increase a year amidst of us are level 1 techs doing 100 pts a day with smart home service and wildblue training how do you do it what are your numbers like

I am a dish tech in VA I have been there for 3 years now with no pay increase due to "numbers" for techs that get a pay raise every year how do you do it our location hasn't found a secret yet 1 or 2 of us get a pay increase a year amidst of us are level 1 techs doing 100 pts a day with smart home service and wildblue training how do you do it what are your numbers like

I am sure thi will get moved to the installer zone.

Anyway, that is the way Dish wants it. They don't want to give an increase they want to give you a decrease. They are going to change the pay structure soon anyway, I can garantee that it will work out to a decrease in pay.

Don't get too upset though. Just wait untill they fire you. No tech seems to be able to keep his "numbers" at a level long enough to avoid the ax, and thats the way Dish wants it. Rule by fear, grind you into the ground, through you to the curb.

The RSP I worked at for Dish, had the same techs working there for 4+ years, many like me had been there up to 8 years. In the 4 years since I left, every single tech that was working there has been fired. The last hold out, a guy that really prided his self in the quality of work he did, let go for a misdameanor on his record from a bar fight he was in that was over 15 years old.

If I were you really start looking at places that install Directv, or cable companies. They love techs with experience.

Besides if you don't sell $150 a month of screen cleaner for $15, that can be bought for $8 at any retail store, you will be let go anyway. I'm sorry I mean you will be seperated...... :)

At my office we can alternate tiers month to month. Up Amy number of tiers in one month but can only drop one. I don't love it because I work in an area where new connection is very difficult to get above 90%. But it's a good policy that I can make a high tier in one good month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)