To Dish TSR Staff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
branchbouncer said:
It's mandatory, if they don't have it they have to have a really good reason why not

By law you can not make it mandatory.
Dish can offer free Dish program and the last I heard is that dish does not offer the service for free.

Scott or someone who works dish verify if dish offers it, s employees free service.

I asked a friend of mine who works there about 6-8 months ago, and they said that it is not mandatory but strongly encouraged, but it's not like anyone is going to get fired if they don't have it. Plus they get something like $40 off their bill each month, and everything over that they pay for. They also don't have all the commitment/CC requirements to sign up that regular customers have...

I hate to say this but that is a little sad. Employees and most dealers of dtv get better deal on service then 40 bucks off there bill. Come on charlie all Dish employees should be getting AEP for free!

By law you can not make it mandatory.
Dish can offer free Dish program and the last I heard is that dish does not offer the service for free.

Scott or someone who works dish verify if dish offers it, s employees free service.

....Wow. Well as long as Scott says it is MUST be true. *dripping sarcasm*

I said it's required they HAVE it, unless they're NLOS and even then they're jumping hoops. I didn't say it was required they PAY for it... And while Slam's "good friend" has a point, let's put it this way; if they don't have it, they'll be answering phones for the rest of their natural life. Of course, if you could prove that it wouldn't be legal......if you could prove that. Funny thing, most companies don't tell you if you DON'T get a promotion or don't get a pay raise, they only tell you when you do. So if you don't year after year after year... they're under no obligation to give you an answer.

Charlie pays for AT 120 and HD Free for Life (no platinums); and even then the HD Free for Life is new since customers get it too. All else is at employee expense.

Sounds like DISH to me. As far as KAB, that's a bold statement for a topic you know nothing about. I on the otherhand have done my homework.

I asked a friend of mine who works there about 6-8 months ago, and they said that it is not mandatory but strongly encouraged, but it's not like anyone is going to get fired if they don't have it. Plus they get something like $40 off their bill each month, and everything over that they pay for. They also don't have all the commitment/CC requirements to sign up that regular customers have...

Techs get 39.99 off, what they basically get is the 120 pak but have to pay stb fees for more than one box and anything else they may want like plat. pak and such. Also call them up and apply for a job one of the first questions that the HR rep will ask is if you are willing to get the Dish service

KAB said:
They don't. Zero is wrong.

No, he isn't. It was a very passive-aggressive requirement inasmuch as the consequences were undefined, but management is required to have at least an 85% subscriber rate among their employees, whether they can (or want to) receive the signal or not.

Zero327 said:
Good link; here's another. And yes, note that an FSS 2 and CSR make less than a Summer Intern...

DISH Network Corporation Salaries | Glassdoor.com

Be fair now; those interns aren't high school kids deciding between a career in broadcasting and one in the amusement park arts. They're usually coming off their last year of a bachelors or masters program, and they usually spend all of their time working a single, massive research project for a single, top-level executive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)