to Hd or not to HD

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
what decides weather a RSN hockey gane is broadcast in hd or not? is it the RSN or provider.

The most important game of the year for the Red Wings is SD on FSN Detroit tonight.:mad:

I expect that FSN is broadcasting the game in SD only, since it is an away game and is in Canada. I don't recall ever seeing an American HD broadcast from Canada on Center Ice. The only time any NHL HD broadcasts are seen in the U.S. are when the are on Versus or the NHL Network.

what decides weather a RSN hockey gane is broadcast in hd or not? is it the RSN or provider.

The most important game of the year for the Red Wings is SD on FSN Detroit tonight.:mad:
It is in HD on FSN Detroit on DirecTV, at least according to the schedule. I don't think it is a FSN issue?

DIRECTV: Sports : NHL CENTER ICE : Schedules

attachment.php

Attachments

• CI.png
    CI.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 353
Just checked the actual RSN and the game is listed in HD in the guide as well on FSND HD. I cannot check to see if the game is actually in HD since I do not have CI. Perhaps someone else can determine if it is FSND or Dish?

the Red Wings site listed the game fsn-sd cbc-hd. so I doubt CI or D* had the game in HD.
seems they do this as grb posted on the games from Canada as the Oilers game Saturday night is sd also.

It would have been great to see the Wings/Flames game in HD, but the Wings won! I would much rather see them win in SD than see them lose in HD...

it's possible on DirectTV the game is in HD. My brother has Direct and he gets the Canadian feeds in HD through CI. It's a Dish issue with Center Ice and the Canadian feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)