To Live and Die on 110

Lets have some fun with math.

With a standard rg6 run you loose 10db of signal for every 100 feet, With RG11 it is 5db per 100 feet.

So if you start at -32db after 550 feet of rg6 you would be at -87db

The min needed to a dish receiver is -45db

So you would need to gain 42db somehow. This is where amps come into play.

I have used some of these Tradewind amps on dish if you use 3 it could work. They are powered from the receiver but you must put one at the dish, one about 100 feet away and then 200 feet from that one.

Sonora amps give you better signal (cleaner) but they are more expensive. You again will need 3 of them as these are only 14db gain, but they work great.

My last question is, how many receivers do you have? If you have 2 or 3 then go for these.

Good suggestions, I'll have to remember them.

Gotta ask- if that amp is powered from the coax, doesn't that in turn degrade the signal, and what is the limit as to how many you can power this way? Is running U-10 or U-12 to power the amps an option?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just a little simple question. Have you tried using 2 dishes? One for 110 and one for 119 in derrent places on your property for view of both satellites?

Just a little simple question. Have you tried using 2 dishes? One for 110 and one for 119 in derrent places on your property for view of both satellites?

I tried to find a hole to get 119 but the nearest i could get was over 350 ft away and when i tried to hook both up to my 722 i lost both signals completely and i quit playing with it after that.

I'm guessing he is in California(Redwoods kind of give it away),so EA is not an option for him.

I am in Los Angeles and can't see 129 from my apartment. I have the eastern arc with 72.7, 61.5 and 77. My setup has 118 as well. My DMA is IL so I can get HD Locals on 77. All channels work perfectly fine with upper 35's on 72.

Eastern Arc has been installed by Dish at some places. They just don't recommend it but if you can get a hit on 72.7, you should be good.

I tried to find a hole to get 119 but the nearest i could get was over 350 ft away and when i tried to hook both up to my 722 i lost both signals completely and i quit playing with it after that.

How are you looking? Are you using a signal meter. Its fun when a difficult install is in question.
I suggest using an iphone or andriod app called dish pointer and see where you can see the red dots for 110 & 119 and possibly 129? you never know you may get lucky. While you are at it, try the 72.7, 61.5 and 77 as well. That worked for me. Lots told me that eastern arc would not work.

Infact the dish installed installed the eastern arc and the signal was in the lower teens. Well that was because the installer had installed the 1000.2 with the triple LNB. I change the dish out to a 1000.4 and all three sats came in just fine with the AI Turbo S2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)