To Scott & Staff - Sticky re: FAQ for MPEG-4 Upgrade

MNETOP

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Austin, TX.
Scott and/or staff,
Could you guys maybe have a sticky post with FAQ about the Upgrades to MPEG-4?
There is a lot of confusion and having one consolidated post that answers some of the most commmon FAQ will be extremely beneficial to all of us. You can continue to add to the list as more information comes available and it would be a nice one stop post for some of us that don't have time to go over the 15+ pages that are part of the main thread.
Thanks!!!
Mario.

MNETOP said:
Scott and/or staff,
Could you guys maybe have a sticky post with FAQ about the Upgrades to MPEG-4?
There is a lot of confusion and having one consolidated post that answers some of the most commmon FAQ will be extremely beneficial to all of us. You can continue to add to the list as more information comes available and it would be a nice one stop post for some of us that don't have time to go over the 15+ pages that are part of the main thread.
Thanks!!!
Mario.

Mario the charlie chat recap thread has everything you need. :) the first to pages :)

Here's the Quick Skinny

-New Customers-
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade

-Existing Customers-
Vip 211 - $98 Lease Upgrade, when you return any receiver
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade, when you return an 811 or 6000u
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade, when you return any receiver
Vip 622 - $99 Leasue Upgrade, after a $200 rebate when you upgrade after April 1st and return a 942 or 921

Thanks,
What are the local HD markets that are coming later this year. I live in Austin. I saw 4 locations in Texas and I know that 2 are are for Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston. What are the other 2 HD markets?
Mario.

Really hard to tell from this map...

Attachments

• upcoming hd local markets.JPG
    upcoming hd local markets.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 241
921 turn in?

BFG said:
Here's the Quick Skinny
-New Customers-
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade
-Existing Customers-
Vip 211 - $98 Lease Upgrade, when you return any receiver
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade, when you return an 811 or 6000u
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade, when you return any receiver
Vip 622 - $99 Leasue Upgrade, after a $200 rebate when you upgrade after April 1st and return a 942 or 921
Where is the info coming from that says you HAVE to trade in a OWNED 921? I saw nothing on the Charlie chat that indicated this.. Thanks, Gerry

What about a 721, will that be a $99 or $299 upgrade to a 622? Also is there any way to transfer recordings from the my 921 to the 622 (I recorded the HD shuttle launch and who knows when that may happen again)? How about upgrading multiple receivers (921, 721, 811), do you have to pay the service call fee for each one, or just once for all (since they will all be swapped out in the same service call)?

Thanks,

Jay

BFG,

Where did you get your info? There was nothing on the Charlie Chat that specified that current 942 OWNERS had to swap their box to get the lease upgrade. They did specifically say that the deal was for a lease, but they did not specify that the owned 942 needed to be swapped. I've watched that part of the chat several times. When taking about the 811 to ViP211 it was noted on the slide that "If swapping, requires return of existing receiver". But no similar note was on the ViP622 slide. Do you have additional info or where you just making an assumption?

For those that leased their 942's for $250 I think the upgrade with the $200 rebate is more than fair. For those who paid $1000 for a 921 or $700 for a 942, I don't see any parity and understand as I too feel cheated.

DVDDAD said:
For those that leased their 942's for $250 I think the upgrade with the $200 rebate is more than fair. For those who paid $1000 for a 921 or $700 for a 942, I don't see any parity and understand as I too feel cheated.
Boy, do I agree with you on this. I was leasing a 522 and attempted to get a lease for a 942, but unfortunately wasn't able to so I ended up purchasing a 942 two months ago because it sounded like it would work for current and new channels for quite a while. I really hope they come up with some other type of deal for those with purchased units -- but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Here is the HTML of a page I sent to BobaBird for him to do what he wished for the HD locals page. HD is his thing on the EKB. Anyway it lists all the cities being concidered for HD Locals this year:

---------------------------------------
<html>
<p>During the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Dish Network
announced plans to carry the main four network channels in High Definition with
the following statement:</p>
<p>&quot;DISH Network will make HD Local channels available to over 50 percent of
U.S. households via satellite in some of the following markets.&nbsp; Te
remaining markets will receive over-the-air broadcasts as signal availability,
strength and geography permit</p>
<p>&quot;ABC&nbsp;&nbsp; ---&nbsp; CBS&nbsp; --- NBC&nbsp;&nbsp; ----&nbsp; FOX</p>
<p>Planned Markets include</p>
<table border="4" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" bordercolor="#FF6600">
<tr>
<td>Albuquerque</td>
<td>Cleveland</td>
<td>Louisville</td>
<td>Orlando</td>
<td>San Diego</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Atlanta</td>
<td>Dallas</td>
<td>Memphis</td>
<td>Philadelphia</td>
<td>San Francisco</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Austin</td>
<td>Denver</td>
<td>Miami</td>
<td>Phoenix</td>
<td>Seattle</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Baltimore</td>
<td>Detroit</td>
<td>Milwaukee</td>
<td>Pittsburgh</td>
<td>Spokane</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Boston</td>
<td>Greenville, SC</td>
<td>Minneapolis</td>
<td>Portland, OR</td>
<td>Springfield, MO</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Buffalo</td>
<td>Houston</td>
<td>Nashville</td>
<td>Providence</td>
<td>St. Louis</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Burlington</span></td>
<td>Indianapolis</td>
<td>New Orleans</td>
<td>Raleigh</td>
<td>Tulsa</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span id="intelliTxt7">Charlotte</span></td>
<td>Jacksonville</td>
<td>New York</td>
<td>Sacramento</td>
<td>Washington DC</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span id="intelliTxt8">Chicago</span></td>
<td>Kansas City</td>
<td>Norfolk</td>
<td>Salt Lake City</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span id="intelliTxt9">Cincinnati</span></td>
<td>Los Angeles</td>
<td>Oklahoma City</td>
<td>San Antonio</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

</body>

</html>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)