To Stay or Dump Dish for Cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
i had cablevision for 6years and got sick of there prices rising all the time. i switched to dish through SBC( so i have long distance,dsl, tv). i have to say for the price top120 42.99 + 4.99 dvr fee - $6 sbc discount itwas worth it. in all i am satisfied, the picture looks great and have not had any problems with my 522dvr. i did not sign up for hd pack because i did not think it was worth it for price( especially no locals). my disappointments begin with not being able to get the voom channels unless i pay $150 for them to install a 2nd dish(wife is not going to let that happen). and second not being able to get a 942 receiver through sbc even if i wanted to pay $250 they dont have it. cablevision called to get me back with free install, io package and hd-dvr, for $40 (for year then $55) + $10dvr + $5 receiver. but they have locals and my rsn(msg,foxny,yes) in hd as well. seeing what you guys think should i jump ship and go back or hold on to fall and see what happens with dish/charlie? probable deciding factor is cable has yes and dish doesnt and according to the forums wont be getting it at all.

If you leave DISH you will lose all the SBC discounts does cablevision offer high speed internet and phone service to you? You will need to look at your total costs for switching.

will only lose the $6 a month for having dish. does not effect long distance and dsl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)