To Switch to E*, or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Love him or hate him E* has a "man in charge" Charlie Ergen. D* is run by bean counters and people who don't have any "vision", Look at the way customer service at Wal-mart has gone downhill since Sam Walton died or the entity that Disney has become since Walt Disney died. With bean counters calling the shots imagination dies. How many series have the Braves won since Ted Turner turned it over to the TW-AOL bean counters. Rupert could care less about any "vision" at D*.

Thus the expenditure of billions for hardware R&D , satellite R&D, and launches since 2005:

DirecTV 9s
Spaceway1
Spaceway2
DirecTV 10
DirecTV 11

Last edited:
enoree said:
Love him or hate him E* has a "man in charge" Charlie Ergen. D* is run by bean counters and people who don't have any "vision", Look at the way customer service at Wal-mart has gone downhill since Sam Walton died or the entity that Disney has become since Walt Disney died. With bean counters calling the shots imagination dies. How many series have the Braves won since Ted Turner turned it over to the TW-AOL bean counters. Rupert could care less about any "vision" at D*.

dude you mention ergen , turner and eisner in the same paragraph. not helping your cause, IMHO.. all three are pompous asses.

and charlie wont own echostar and its dish no-work for much longer, take my word on that.

Like the Wendy's commercials used to say ,all that money spent but "where's the HD"

FlyingJ said:
The thing is Guf...and nice to hear from you again by the way, is that you love the numbers. Fact is that a buddy of mine has the same projector as I do. He is a local NFL fan and I am not so I have D* mostly for STbut that said. I was expecting from all the posts that his pic would be better. I even told him a while back that from what I read that was the case. We can not see the difference. You love the numbers but, if you can not see the difference who cares what the numbers are. I know your gonna respond with the your blind statement that you always have when someone says they can't see the difference. Just like you do when we tell you that out OTA pic is the same as our National feed. "But the numbers say...blah, blah, blah.

You are so smart FlyingJ..If anyone wants to know what Im going to say they should just ask you from now on...

You are right, the #'s are meaningless...For sure bro :D

Thanks Guf, takes a man to admit that. I am already receiving questions that were intended for you so don't worry I will take care of them.

dragon002 said:
dude you mention ergen , turner and eisner in the same paragraph. not helping your cause, IMHO.. all three are pompous asses.

and charlie wont own echostar and its dish no-work for much longer, take my word on that.

Dragon is pretty much dead on the money with this. Viacomml is still in the running and charlie knows in the long run he can't compete with the murdoch/fox empire. He knows he cannot be belgium anylonger, Axis or Allies he must choose one soon. :devil:

dragon002 said:

I love it when we get insider information from people in the know.:rolleyes:

I actually think D* customer service isn't that bad. It's 1000 times better than any cable CSR I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with!!! D* CSR aren't a gift from God, but they are better than the rest IMO.

guffy1 said:
If your main concern is HD PQ, than by all means I would switch to E*..

Dont expect their customer service or their equipment to be any better than D*'s though..The only thing that will be better is the PQ, both SD and HD..

Well the point of subscibing to a TV provider is to watch TV.:D .. LOL

dragon002 said:
Oh please I gotta hear this one. Lemme guess, its cocktail time? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Oh please I gotta hear this one. Lemme guess, its cocktail time? :rolleyes:

nah,

dont do the cocktail thing. bud light 16s:)

the owner of this site agrees with me and this post, go check, ergen is -a-selling

so no more charlie chats (when i was young they would have been called FRACTURED FAIRY TALES on rocky and bullwinkle):rolleyes:

do you really think echostar will be a stand alone company for much longer?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dragon your a nut.

Ergen is not selling. He may have feelers out there like all companies do but hes not selling.

scott,

you posted the same info i did last year and this year, he has to sell, NO ONE is going to take him on as a partner. not murdoch, not redstone, once he puts the company in play, ergen is done ala ted turner. they may keep him on as a coffee fetcher at board meetings, but he will follow the turner path.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)