To Switch to E*, or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
scott , i dont care what he does.

he has no film making arm, no news arm, no international presence, no way to generate revenue other than a pass along outlet.

IMHO he wont last much longer before a buyout or a sale. and he will not be there when the smoke clears.

vurbano said:
WHy do investors want to buy E* and not D*???

vurbano, there are numerous posts on here about this.

he brought to his board , directors who have all been involved in sales or mergers.

he is driving the stock price up.

he is showing a little less churn, and bragging about it.

am i wrong? possibly.

are you wrong? possibly.

we will see!

Yes we will see, my advice is to sit back pop open some more cans and enjoy the ride. :D

Now please stop your worse then those Jahova guys who keep wanting me to buy their magazine and go to their church. :D

I may not care for many of E*'s business practices, but it doesn't take too many functioning brain cells to conclude that Mr. Ergen knows how to run a major DBS business...the proof is in company's bottom line. I don't see Charlie selling E*, but as competition increases (thanks to Telcos) and squeezing out a profit becomes even more difficult, then who knows. Everyone has a price! Personally, I don't see both E* and D* surviving once the Telcos roll-out their triple play (voice, broadband, video) en masse.

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
vurbano, there are numerous posts on here about this.

he brought to his board , directors who have all been involved in sales or mergers.

he is driving the stock price up.

he is showing a little less churn, and bragging about it.

am i wrong? possibly.

are you wrong? possibly.

we will see!

Im confused. What am I wrong about?

vurbano said:
WHy do investors want to buy E* and not D*???

E* tried to buy D* a couole of years ago.

It's not that investors don't want to buy D* but some "Industry Watchers" have speculated that E* may in a position to look for a buyer.

My small Co-op phone co. here in SC has had broadband and TV service for over a year now with plans to add HD this year, the set top box has the digigtal receiver and DSL modem in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)