To Tivo or not To Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIA_SMALZ_11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I have had verizon HD DVR for over a year now and i have been quit happy with it. I might not be a quit as picky as most of you guys when it comes down to the extra features you guys like/ don't like. But anyway, i have the opportunity to get a TiVo HD DVR & TiVo Wireless Adapter for $149 and get the TiVo service for $3.99 per month. If givenn this opportunity would you guys take advantage of it and how well does the TiVo work with FiOS, especially when it comes down to the cable cards. (anybody know how much they charge for those?) Let me know what you guys think.

DJ

So where do you get those deals? (PM me!) :)

I'ld go for it. I'm probably going to do the Tivo HD just for OTA, as it has 2 ATSC tuners (plus 2 cable card tuners). I wonder if you use antenna & CATV if you could record 4 shows at once? [Answer: No, only 2 tuners, but each tuner can tune to any source]

-John

Last edited:
Wow - that's an awesome deal!

I've had the Tivo HD now for a little over a month w/ 2 cable cards - I LOVE IT.

I just went online this morning to Amazon and ordered a movie to watch this weekend (They have a lot of great 99 cent deals). It will download to my Tivo this afternoon while i'm at work.

Who needs On Demand? :D

Cable cards are $2.99 a piece, so it'd cost $5.98/month for the two of them.

Make sure that monthly fee is really locked in. The cheapest I got was ~$9/month for 3 years (prepaid on the first, billed monthly for my second Tivo HD).

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)