Today is a First for Me

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
when I switched from Direct to Dish about six months ago I knew this day would come. Today is my first sunday in many years without the Sunday ticket. I wondered then what that first sunday would be and you know I think I am going to be ok with it :)

The other local game other then our local Lions is the Colt/Jags and with the Redzone channel I think for me that will more then suffice, while it feels a little different this morning not prepping for my Sunday Ticket vieing, I think It will go fine :D

Looking foward to the Redzone!!

Good luck, welcome to Dish. Enjoy the game and remember: "Pain is temporary,chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever."

A First for me as well, the first Sunday WITH Sunday Ticket! Moved to Tn and have to be able to watch Bears games, so there was no choice for me, D* & Sunday Ticket. I 'm sure I will love it. I have Bears Season Tickets and will only make it back to Chicago for 1 game this year, (plus going to Atlanta to watch them). I'll be watching Mn/Cle early, hoping the Brown can pull out a win.

I live in SW Michigan and the local Fox affiliate is not showing the Lions game...can't be any worse than last year...but is showing the Vikes/Browns game. They usually show the Lions game if Chicago is on at a different time but chose not to show the game for I'm sure compelling reasons so I am looking to the Red Zone to fill in the gaff by the affiliate! Go Stafford!!

I also think that Redzone is a nice add, while there is a nice game on the CBS local Indi/Jacksonville....It will be intresting to see how stafford does in live action.

Looking forward to what the Redzone on Dish will be

first year with D* with ST and SF after having E* for me. I can't wait! Only 3 more hours! It is so exciting :D

I really think that the RZ will be under the microscope by a lot of folks to see just how the show is produced. If they hit a home run in week 1, i think you could see a lot of D* Ticket folks move to E* due to lower priced packages let alone the equipment bennies. Should be an interesting afternoon. Again, if RZ producers have their production staff on their toes, it could be a gem for NFL Network.

I don't have ST...but this will be different for me

last year I had 5 Fox affiliates on free to air. So I usually got a couple extra games (Lions on one, Saints/Cowboys or Texans on another and 3rd-5th were from Montana so they usually carried the big games or the Vikes)

All are gone now (one switched affiliation in January and the other 4 were owned by Equity Broadcasting who went belly up and sold everything and left satellite a couple months ago) so no extra games :(

I don't have ST...but this will be different for me

last year I had 5 Fox affiliates on free to air. So I usually got a couple extra games (Lions on one, Saints/Cowboys or Texans on another and 3rd-5th were from Montana so they usually carried the big games or the Vikes)

All are gone now (one switched affiliation in January and the other 4 were owned by Equity Broadcasting who went belly up and sold everything and left satellite a couple months ago) so no extra games :(

Same for me Ice. Did ok though w/ OTA HD on the 722k. I don't have the red zone channel but think I might have to add it to the package.

I am putting up that 36" dish this week for SURE. Too bad there is no HD box with a good blind scan...

A First for me as well, the first Sunday WITH Sunday Ticket! Moved to Tn and have to be able to watch Bears games, so there was no choice for me, D* & Sunday Ticket. I 'm sure I will love it. I have Bears Season Tickets and will only make it back to Chicago for 1 game this year, (plus going to Atlanta to watch them). I'll be watching Mn/Cle early, hoping the Brown can pull out a win.

You can get all the Bears games by subscribing to All American Direct and selecting Chicago as your city for distants. I have 11 of the 16 games this week through Dish Network locals and All American Direct distants.

That was nice. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)