Today Ordered Vip622: 30 Day Wait!!!

grb said:
I ordered yesterday and was told that the installer would bring the 622 with him. The CSR also said that this was a new procedure -- they no longer ship the receiver directly to the customer. They will, however ship me two empty boxes for the 811 and 510 receivers being replaced...

I'd call to verify the process, but I'd probably end up playing CSR roulette...

Same here....I ordered yesterday as an upgrade to a leased 942. I was told the same about the new procedure and that the tech would have the 622 with him.

The order includes a new Dish1000 which will replace my Twin500. I will be keeping the 2nd dish which points at 61.5.

My install is set for Sunday 6/18.

Quickest Install ?

I ordered a 622 to replace my 811 from E Tuesday afternoon, installed Thursday morning (dealer brought the unit), everything seems to be working fine, I am really surprised ! I sold my 811(owned) to installer for $50, a lot better than E's $20 offer.

Don't bet on it - Dish just screwed me good. I called on June 10th to upgrade my 942 to a 622 and the CSR said that the tech would bring a 622 with him on my install (scheduled for June 17th). Well that's tomorrow and tonight I get a call from Southern Star Dish and they don't have a 622 - they said that I had to get Dish to ship one to my house. I explained that the CSR assured me that they would be able to get one locally and the local installer didn't have a clue about this. She said they never have carried HD DVR receivers - only the SD ones.

So I call Dish and ask who dropped the ball? The CSR acts like it was a glitch and is shipping me a 622 so I've got to reschedule for two weeks out for July 1st. There are several things that piss me off about the whole thing:
1) They knew that they would not have the 622 locally and I believe they used this tactic to stall delivery
2) For a week absolutely nothing has been done while I waited on my bogus install date
3) They wouldn't expedite the 622 ship any more than the usual 7-10 working days
4) The local installer had to catch the error the day before install
5) When/If I do get the install on July 1st I will have been without a number of channels for over three weeks (my 942 is acting up so I decided to upgrade it with a 622)

I've been a customer for about a year with Dish and have been fairly happy with the service but this is just bizarre. I know that they give preferential treatment to new customers but wow do I not feel special... I'll try to keep cool for a couple of more weeks to see what happens. But if there are more delays or if I have problems with the 622 I think I'm going to go OTA and supplement with Netflix and my new HD-DVD player. Dish you'd better get a clue...

No 622 on install date

troublefan said:
Now what happened to me, I ordered (upgrade, not new sub) 6/5. CSR Tom scheduled a 6/14 install and said NOTHING about them sending me the unit first. Installer gets here, asks where unit is. "Sorry dude, it's not here. Call E*" He did, I talked to CSR Alice, who said there's a 3 week backlog for installs. Says that should have been told to me when I ordered the unit. Tom had no problem scheduling an install, charging my card for the 622, and NOT telling me the receiver wouldn't be at my house. Miscommunication all around with these people, but now the little woman's ticked, so she's going to call and deliver some old-fashioned bitchin' :devil: Not sure what good it will do.

Same thing happened to me. The guy showed up 8 days after the order but my box took 2 weeks t arrive and the new install date is a week after that. The installer said that they had several 622's sitting at the warehouse but that they couldn't get because one could be in the mail already. What a drag.

E* credit for missed install

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to mention that after complaining to E* about my unit not arriving by the install date, they gave me 1 month credit on my bill (~$100).

Upgraded my 811 to a 622 last night (fri) and they'll be here to install it tomorrow (Sun) morning. What a father's day present! How's that for service?

ordered 622 to replace 921

I ordered a 622 today, install scheduled for 7/1, not sure if I'll send my 921 back for the $100 credit or sell it on ebay. I ordered thru tech support, got a knowledgable tech, took about 10 minutes. She stressed the point several times: "$6 a month lease fee for the 622" (will be the only receiver) and the 18 month commitment. My 921 has been relatively trouble free the last 4 to 5 months (yeah, it's "mine" when it's working right and "hers" when it used to act up. The wife has learned the various stages of "rebooting" the 921, thankfully not rebooting me!). I will get the $100 ($10 a month) credit for being a "new" silver hd pack sub. (if I read & follow all label instructions/directions, etc).
One questions, the rep said there is an additional charge to hook up the 2nd tv (sd), she thought it started at $59 for this. I figured I'll take my chances with the installer, since the house is pre-wired it shouldn't be that big a deal to complete.
I've learned a lot from this (and dbstalk) forum, thanks for all those who freely post suggestions/ideas/thoughts and help.
The local NBC channel (2) isn't "yet" available in hd, the tech had no idea when that would be. I suggested Charlie needed to put in a call to station management. (I'm in the Houston viewing area). The ota signal on channel 2 is spotty, usually in prime time it's not hard locking in but at other times it's hit or miss. I get a strong ota signal on all the other locals, except pbs (channel 8).

kpc007 said:
Upgraded my 811 to a 622 last night (fri) and they'll be here to install it tomorrow (Sun) morning. What a father's day present! How's that for service?
The upgrade install went perfectly. Took about 45 minutes. Installer arrived at 9am and replaced both LNBs along with the 622. Can't say enough about See World Satellite techs out of Indiana, Pa. Great service!

StanUbankit said:
I ordered a 622 today, install scheduled for 7/1, not sure if I'll send my 921 back for the $100 credit or sell it on ebay. I ordered thru tech support, got a knowledgable tech, took about 10 minutes. She stressed the point several times: "$6 a month lease fee for the 622" (will be the only receiver) and the 18 month commitment. My 921 has been relatively trouble free the last 4 to 5 months (yeah, it's "mine" when it's working right and "hers" when it used to act up. The wife has learned the various stages of "rebooting" the 921, thankfully not rebooting me!). I will get the $100 ($10 a month) credit for being a "new" silver hd pack sub. (if I read & follow all label instructions/directions, etc).
One questions, the rep said there is an additional charge to hook up the 2nd tv (sd), she thought it started at $59 for this. I figured I'll take my chances with the installer, since the house is pre-wired it shouldn't be that big a deal to complete.
I've learned a lot from this (and dbstalk) forum, thanks for all those who freely post suggestions/ideas/thoughts and help.
The local NBC channel (2) isn't "yet" available in hd, the tech had no idea when that would be. I suggested Charlie needed to put in a call to station management. (I'm in the Houston viewing area). The ota signal on channel 2 is spotty, usually in prime time it's not hard locking in but at other times it's hit or miss. I get a strong ota signal on all the other locals, except pbs (channel 8).
My installer did not charge extra to remove the 301 and connect the TV2 cable back on the TV. Heck, he even reconnected the surround sound free. You should'nt have to pay a cent to hookup TV2 to the 622.

I was supposed to get my 622 installed today. They called this morning and said that they would have to reschedule due to an equipment shortage. They're supposed to come out this Friday. We'll see. Hopefully they'll bring me one of the "good" ones.

kpc007 said:
My installer did not charge extra to remove the 301 and connect the TV2 cable back on the TV. Heck, he even reconnected the surround sound free. You shouldn't have to pay a cent to hookup TV2 to the 622.

I specifically asked the CSR about any additional charge to connect the second TV to the 622. I specifically told him that there is no tv1 to tv2 coaxial currently in place. He told me there would be no charge to connect the second tv...

I have paid the $199 instal/lease upgrade fee from the 811 to the 622 and I am OK with the net cost (after programming credit) of $100. That's what I based my upgrade decision on. Any additional charges will kill the deal.

finally completed my saga. I fell in right at the end where they were shipping 622s, but they didnt ship it soon enough to get it here in time for my Sunday install. (They waited 2 weeks and didnt ship it till the Friday before the Sunday install.) Three calls for Dish to see what was happening yielded three different answers, finally telling me the installer would bring it. Installer called ahead on Sunday to see if I'd received mine...obviously he didnt have one. Finally emailed executive office Sunday morning to get a straight story and they worked it out. Got it yesterday, activated last night...all working well so far (knocking on wood)

Last edited:
I received my 622 during my install on Saturday. Unfortunately the installer did not bring the correct second receiver with him (625), he instead brought a 322. Yesterday (Monday) they came back out with the correct box and completed the installation (ran the last coax). Apparently the original installer was supposed to install the last coax but didn't, so he might get docked some pay forr the job he did at my house.

mbetts said:
I was supposed to get my 622 installed today. They called this morning and said that they would have to reschedule due to an equipment shortage. They're supposed to come out this Friday. We'll see. Hopefully they'll bring me one of the "good" ones.

Mine was installed yesterday and I only ordered it last Friday. (two day wait only - I paid $199.99 and will turn in my Vipp 211). The tech was great about making sure I had a "good" one. He rebooted several times, did several chech switches, and finally got it up and running. He did use the splitter on the back of the unit (Only using one line from the Dish 1000) Now I have an extra line for that FTA unit I have been wanting to get. :).

xion29 said:
Upgraded to 622VIP - installation on Monday - cost $199. Will return 301 for a $25 rebate. Get to keep 811 for now.

Installation went smooth. Was afraid the installer would cancel at the last moment cause of equipment shortage - glad to see the box in his hand. Took about 45 minutes, swapped out the 811 for 622VIP. Swapped out 301 for the 811 on other room. First DVR I have ever had - great features. Recorded two simeltanous World Cup matches - watching them now.

I was a 7-year Dish customer, moved to Florida from another state, been on Comcast a year. Called Dish on May 20, ordered the 622, earliest install date I could get was June 20. Box arrived within a week, sat here until installer arrived yesterday. So far so good. I called back after the box arrived and asked if we could schedule an install sooner and Dish told me no availability until June 20.

Called to upgrade to the 622 on 5/31. CSR gave me an install date of Monday June 12th and assured me that the reciever would be at my door before the install date. The Thursday before my install, no reciever had come. So I called to find out if it was even shipped out. After 2 hours the CSR finally got my information and told me it left the warehouse that day and wouldn't guarantee me that it would arrive on time. I waited until Saturday and no reciever came and figured they didn't ship it Next Day Air, so I rescheduled for today 6/21.

The reciever arrived the afternoon of the day of my original install date, low and behold it had urgent stickered on it and the UPS Next Day Air label. So atleast they tried to get it to me on time.

Installation happened today and everything has gone fine so far, except the technician was in a hurry and didn't do a switch check for the other recievers in the house. Not a big deal at all, but for someone who has never done it before it would have caused a needless call to the CSR department.

Oh yeah, it took two phone calls and 40 minutes of my time to get the CBS HD(East) channel added. Not exactly a good experience if you ask me.

Last edited:
MichaelG said:
The installer was a no call, no show. I have spoken with E* about 6 times since then and will post a detailed report about my experience.
And the beat goes on...

I am scheduled for Saturday (12-5 pm). We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts