Today Ordered Vip622: 30 Day Wait!!!

tvrocker2k5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Yesterday, I upgraded to the Vip622 and was told that "due to the popularity of this unit, there would be a 30 day delay before it would be installed" however, I should receive my "empty return box" in about 2-4 days for returning my 942 to them.

I have read several posts from different people who have stated that they ordered within the last few days and are having it installed this weekend. Has anyone else been told that it is going to be a 30 day wait before your Vip622 can be installed. Also, I'm assuming that the installer will be bringing the Vip622 with him, instead of DISH shipping it to me. :(

Those of you who have ordered one in the last few days, what were you told about this????

TVrocker2k5

Hmm, I suspect they are putting new installations before upgrades. I signed up yesterday and am having my 622 installed on Monday.

I signed up my in laws last Friday to VIP622 and new customer. Install date could have been 5 days later. I could only do Friday so only 7 day wait. They must be putting priority on new customers.

I, too, ordered today as an upgrade. I am scheduled for Saturday 6/24 (could have had Friday 6/23). Los Angeles area.

I'll admit I'm still a little nervous, given the bugs apparently still plagueing the 622, but I want the new HD channels and I was afraid if I got the 211 they wouldn't let me upgrade to the 622 later without paying an arm or a leg...

No problem here I called on the 10th and am getting my 622 upgrade on the 17th. Actually could've gotten it on the 16th but I was looking for a Saturday install.

I called on Tuesday and the tech installed mine today (Thursday). This was an upgrade and the tech brought the unit with him.

Now what happened to me, I ordered (upgrade, not new sub) 6/5. CSR Tom scheduled a 6/14 install and said NOTHING about them sending me the unit first. Installer gets here, asks where unit is. "Sorry dude, it's not here. Call E*" He did, I talked to CSR Alice, who said there's a 3 week backlog for installs. Says that should have been told to me when I ordered the unit. Tom had no problem scheduling an install, charging my card for the 622, and NOT telling me the receiver wouldn't be at my house. Miscommunication all around with these people, but now the little woman's ticked, so she's going to call and deliver some old-fashioned bitchin' :devil: Not sure what good it will do.

maybe they are hoping they can squash some bugs before pissing off new people... us *old timers* are used to the E* beta system, but new people might take them up on their 30 day money back deal!

They should ship you the 622 prior to your install. When I had mine upgraded, they sent the 622 and the box to ship back my old receiver about a week after I called and the other receivers came with the installer. So make sure you get it shipped to you before your installer comes cause he won't have it with him. They come from their distribution centers.

MY office just stared carrying the 622 it was always shipped but now we have some in the warehouse which means you can call today and have it installed with in 4 days and your neighbor breded it like 2 weeks ago and still needs to wait till he has it shipped to him so the office in your area might not carry them.

GL

cleve_dnsc_tech said:
MY office just stared carrying the 622 it was always shipped but now we have some in the warehouse which means you can call today and have it installed with in 4 days and your neighbor breded it like 2 weeks ago and still needs to wait till he has it shipped to him so the office in your area might not carry them.

GL

I just got a call from Digital Dish, they are doing the install. They also said the tech would bring the VIP622 with him, to go wtih the 211 and whatever SD-DVR I have installed.

The lady on the phone mentioned I only need to have a phone line hooked up to 2 TVs, is this true? It would save me from having to run a phone line to my 3rd set top box (there isn't one near there right now)...

I agreed to upgrade my 942 to 622 ~three weeks ago. Was told they would send both a empty box and the 622. Install scheduled for this Sunday (6/18). The empty box finally showed up 2 days ago, but no 622 as of an hour ago.

DWS44 said:
I agreed to upgrade my 942 to 622 ~three weeks ago. Was told they would send both a empty box and the 622. Install scheduled for this Sunday (6/18). The empty box finally showed up 2 days ago, but no 622 as of an hour ago.
I ordered yesterday and was told that the installer would bring the 622 with him. The CSR also said that this was a new procedure -- they no longer ship the receiver directly to the customer. They will, however ship me two empty boxes for the 811 and 510 receivers being replaced...

I'd call to verify the process, but I'd probably end up playing CSR roulette...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts