Told I Can't Upgrade - Has Anyone Else Heard this sh**

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I'm a current AT Everything Pack with Locals, HD, and Voom with an existing 942. I switched to Dish upon the demise of Voom as a DBS service.

Called about upgrading to add the new HD channels and my HD locals. I was willing to pay the $299 rather than wait till April. I was told I was not eligible to upgrade and that I should contact my retailer. I told them DISH was my retailer and that my original service and equipment had been provided directly by DISH. After CSR and CSR supervisor upon supervisor, they all insisted there was no upgrade path available. They then stated that for $700+ I could get the new services. Numerous calls and I have been unable to resolve this situation.

They did cheerfully inform me that I could cancel service for $159.76

Anyone got any suggestions.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that multiple CSRs and supervisors would all be wrong, but it sounds like they are. Others are reporting getting upgrades with setups that sound the same. Is there something unusual about the deal/equipment you presently have?

Tom Bombadil said:
Is there something unusual about the deal/equipment you presently have?

Not that I know of or that they are informing me. Paid over $700+ to have DISH installed less than a year ago when VOOM went under. I do have a 5 room setup (only 1 HD) with a Dish 500 plus a dish for 61.5, but part of that $700+ I originally paid was for the switch the handle that setup.

I'm in the Chicago area and called CSR this morning to upgrade from 811 to 211 and get locals in HD. Rep said sorry only new subscribers can get 211 at this time. I would have to wait. Probably at least 2-months. Great way to treat loyal customers.

Anybody but me get this response or should I try again?

I had the same issue with CSR but got supervisor and was given upgrade. CSR said I wasn't eligible because I got 811 deal last year.

Bill B.

billben1 said:
I had the same issue with CSR but got supervisor and was given upgrade. CSR said I wasn't eligible because I got 811 deal last year.

Bill B.

I had a 811 that I own, less than 6 months ago I lease a
2nd 811 & new dish with 12 months commitment.

Called at noon today & got 2 Vip622 for $299 & I only need to return the
leased 811.

I've got an 811 and 501 DVR... both leased. I upgraded to HDBronze today and have a ViP622 scheduled for installation on February 25th. I had no problem getting the upgrade or the 622.

They told me that after the new 622 is installed, they would send me boxes for shipping back the 811 and 501 to them.

Larry
SF

gL1 said:
I had a 811 that I own, less than 6 months ago I lease a
2nd 811 & new dish with 12 months commitment.

Called at noon today & got 2 Vip622 for $299 & I only need to return the
leased 811.

You were able to get 2 leased 622's, there are lots of people here going to want to know how you got that deal.

Upgrade trouble

Did you go through Tech Support? I, too, am a former VOOM subscriber. I had absolutlely NO trouble upgrading. But then again, I converted a year ago.

BrianMis said:
You were able to get 2 leased 622's, there are lots of people here going to want to know how you got that deal.

BrianMis - I'd want to double-check if I were you. My guess is they figure you're going to use one 622 to cover both rooms even though only one room will be HD.

CDH.

CDH said:
BrianMis - I'd want to double-check if I were you. My guess is they figure you're going to use one 622 to cover both rooms even though only one room will be HD.

CDH.

No, there is a misunderstanding here. gL1 in post #9 in this thread stated that he was able to get 2 622's. I was just stating that if that was the case, people would be interested to know how they pulled that off.

Although I do agree with you and he probably misunderstood the csr. The more I read the post, the more sense it makes that you are right.

nope, no misunderstanding all...
i repeated that i need "2 622" for 2 seperate rooms a few times
just to make sure that it's no mistake. & she confirmed it for only "one upgrade fee of $299"!!
i'm calling back today anyways to try & reschedule an earlier date, so I'll
make sure & post here again.

DONE > 68 mins on line with csr

I currently have on a dha :
1. 811
1. 522
1. 311

Initilliay I was told it would cost me $738 to upgrade to a 622, I expalined that "that aint what Charlie told me". I was told that I would have to upgrade to the MPEG4 942..I told the guy he was full of curry. I was also told that there are no 662's for us dha types. He then (after some prodding) discovered that the 942 was mpeg2. I pushed and pressured and asked for his superdupervisor. *HOLDPLEASE* After a brief hold he told me yes I could upgrade to the 622 and return my 811 for $299. Scheduled for Feb 25.

I am not holding my breath

Hank

HookedOnTV said:
That sounds like only one receiver.

I'm thinking the same thing. They'd never give out 2 for the price of 1. But who knows, you get the right CSR and you can really make out like a bandit ... at least until billing gets the information.

Like everyone else, I was told only one receiver allowed at the moment (actually the time frame given was a year)...

I have three HD displays; one upstairs and two down. I can only get one 622. I am considering buying another 622 outright to cover the other two displays, but, I am aslo considering buying a 411 and switching back and forth as needed since the cost is almost 50% of a 622. Now...

What is everyone else doing who falls in this same boat? I am sure there are a good number of folks with multiple HD displays.
Thanks!

SKrueger said:
I'm a current AT Everything Pack with Locals, HD, and Voom with an existing 942. I switched to Dish upon the demise of Voom as a DBS service.

Called about upgrading to add the new HD channels and my HD locals. I was willing to pay the $299 rather than wait till April. I was told I was not eligible to upgrade and that I should contact my retailer. I told them DISH was my retailer and that my original service and equipment had been provided directly by DISH. After CSR and CSR supervisor upon supervisor, they all insisted there was no upgrade path available. They then stated that for $700+ I could get the new services. Numerous calls and I have been unable to resolve this situation.

They did cheerfully inform me that I could cancel service for $159.76

Anyone got any suggestions.

Bunch of FUC*ERS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts