Tom Cruise’s son to star in ‘Red Dawn’ remake

I loved the movie Red Dawn...it was a movie from my teenage years. However, I don't have any desire to see the remake.
Same here.
In the height of the cold war, it was almost believable, especially with the state of technology at the time.

Now though, it's hard to imagine an occupation like that in light of the technical advancement of our military.

Red Dawn was one of the great Cold War movies, and it was 100% believable.

The war is over. We won, no thanks to some.

What is the point of remaking this now? Would not a movie with the Islamofascists as the enemy be more appropriate?

Tom's son is following the same path as his dad. In "Taps", Tom played a military school cadet fighting the powers that wanted to shut down the school. Of course Tom's character turned out to be a psycho maniac. This was pre "Risky Business" that made him a star.

Tom's son is following the same path as his dad. In "Taps", Tom played a military school cadet fighting the powers that wanted to shut down the school. Of course Tom's character turned out to be a psycho maniac. This was pre "Risky Business" that made him a star.
Funny how some people turn out in life.:rolleyes:

What's the big deal...he used his father's name and star power to land a role. You think Will Smith's kids are "stars" because of their talent?

Cheers, K

What's the big deal...he used his father's name and star power to land a role. You think Will Smith's kids are "stars" because of their talent?

Cheers, K
Well, to be fair, Willow has had success as the current music environment has made it conducive for an artist like her to be successful. As far as Jayden goes from what I read he did very well in The Karate Kid, which I was so sure was going to be a bomb but instead surprised a lot of people. Overall I think the difference is that the Smith kids have been groomed and had experience in their given fields. Who the hell even knows what Tom Cruise's kids names are that he had while with Nicole Kidman? Him being in it is a little more suspicious as he has been completely under the radar until now (and quite frankly he will stay that way as this movie will BOMB.)

North Korea invades the west coast? Seriously? :rolleyes:
And not just that, but a ragtag group of young adults helps take America back! Not the national guard or the cops or any of our allies, but these young scrappers.. *BLECH* Like I said, it's basically like they made a movie of the game Homefront, but at least that was SLIGHTLY more believable as in that story, the Koreas re-united after the death of Kim Jong Il and that's how they united and rose to power by conquering other territories before USA.

They're trying to release this in Korea also, and they're trying to do it by replacing all the North Korean flags and such with ones from China. I'm sure that people from China will LOVE the idea that Hollywood thinks that all Asian races are interchangeable and that they feel they can be swapped with the craziest of the bunch.

I'd argue you'd have more fun watching people play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 than watching this.