Tonight's Tech Chat...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No new HD this week

Next month after the Charlie Chat new HD what a joke

I almost agree with you, except that there WILL be new HD this week: They will turn on the NBC-Olympics HD channels this week (they would have to since the Olympics start Friday), but anything else would wait until the Olympics are over.

I would not expect anything else until March 3. Maybe not until Match 10, so Charlie has something to announce.

And ESPN-U is not in the cards for Dish anytime soon, or if it is, they have not told ESPN about it.

Um, if you get one it would be the primary and not charged $21, just $10 instead of $6.

Why anyone would need more than one "TV Everywhere" receiver I do not understand. You would need 2 to be charged the $21.

Dish VIP,

I never use my 722k in Dual Mode only Single Mode. I Don't want a 612 as it has a smaller Hard Drive and no PIP, and more importantly no OTA (Two Tuner) Module.

Just because some subscribers have multiple DUO DVR's does NOT mean they are using them in Dual MODE. I like having two Satellite Tuners and PIP, per TV in my Home. Asking subscribers like me to pay a additional $50 bucks more per month is ridiculous. I'm under a 24 month commitment, when over, I'm Done. Besides Dish not having my Locals in HD, Nor offering MSG HD, as well as missing a number of HD channels carried by my local cable company, its either TW or DirecTV. Dish can say goodbye to my subscription of Everything Pack, Multisports Pack, Platnium HD and Center Ice, with 5 Total receivers.

Dish has effectively just shot themselves in the foot. Their DUO DVR's are the only STB's in the industry that offer Single as well as Dual Mode. Asking subscribers to pony up, upto $12 dollars more per month per receiver strips Dish of this advantage.

John

Last edited:
Dish VIP,

I never use my 722k in Dual Mode only Single Mode. I Don't want a 612 as it has a smaller Hard Drive and no PIP, and more importantly no OTA (Two Tuner) Module.

Just because some subscribers have multiple DUO DVR's does NOT mean they are using them in Dual MODE. I like having two Satellite Tuners and PIP.

Dish has effectively just shot themselves in the foot. Their DUO DVR's are the only STB's in the industry that offer Single as well as Dual Mode. Asking subscribers to pony up, upto $12 dollars more per month per receiver strips Dish of this advantage.

John
Well that's true and I agree completely but I was talking about the "TV Everywhere" 922, not the "DuoDVR" 622/722.

I almost agree with you, except that there WILL be new HD this week: They will turn on the NBC-Olympics HD channels this week (they would have to since the Olympics start Friday), but anything else would wait until the Olympics are over.

I would not expect anything else until March 3. Maybe not until Match 10, so Charlie has something to announce.

And ESPN-U is not in the cards for Dish anytime soon, or if it is, they have not told ESPN about it.

Fox has already announced that FSC-HD will launch on Dish on Wednesday.

You need to keep up with the other threads...

Update on my previous post.

Sports Illustrated guy now says:
DirecTV says will not start carrying FSC in HD on Wed. In negotiations with Fox. Bad info from Fox source. Apologies.
Implying that Dish will be the first major provider with FSC in HD on Wednesday.

More on topic - the new "512" is clearly a 522 that has been neutered on a tech's soldering bench...

It is sad when even the Tech Forum confuses "tuner" and "output".

Like I said, bunch of morons. Technical decisions should never be left to people with liberal arts degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)