Tonights Twins / Yankees Game Blocked??

So FSC and FX on the AT120 were just not enough for Fox.

At least we know what games will be blacked out this month.

Oh well, will have to settle for the Whitesox or the Cards game.

I live in northern MN and typically get all games on Fox Sports North (ch 436). When I switch to the channel for todays game it says it's not availble in my area. Anyone know why? I cannot find it on any other channel. I did notice on MLB.com that the game is also being shown on the MLB Network so would that block it for dish customers?
Yeah..

It is because you have Dish. Seriously, when it comes to baseball, even on your own local RSN, Dish is probably the worst provider around

Why you guys upset? You got Dish Network for the Movies right? And cause it much cheaper right?

Sorry Couldn't help myself!!!:D

Switch Providers and get yourselves same big discounts for the next year, and get all the sports you guys are missing.

Dish Barely has anymore movies then anyother provider.
EPIX plays the same crap as Starz/Encore:coffee

Not a baseball fan but I gotta say thats a raw deal.I don't know why they even keep the rsns?So we can watch poker stars and infomercials?

Recent history has taught us that any provider who dares raise their rates for whatever reason will be yanked off the air and you'll be told it's for your own good. Forget the fact the country is full of hard working people who want nothing more than to come home put their feet up and watch the game

Wow. Thanks Dish. So the City of Fosston, MN total population <1500 people and a ton of other tiny little cable companies can afford to show the games but its just too much to pay for Charlie. I was already considering dropping my Dish and going with MLB.tv through a Roku for my Twins games. The Twins are about all I watch in the summer time. Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone tried MLB.TV streaming to their TV with decent success as far as picture quality? Its too bad they pull this crap all the time because I love my 722 receiver.

heh...just looked at some of the cable co's that are carrying it. My uncle who has Runestone Cable/Telephone/Internet monopoly in a town of 1200 people can see it yet Dish subs can't

this reminds me of....wait....."Victory Sports One"...remember that nightmare when the Twins tried ot start their own network?

Johnson, I have MLB.tv and I love it. If you have Internet speed at or above about 1000 kph you should be good. Beware I'm sure you're on the twins market so their games will be blocked. If you're a fan who and just want to see an out of market game it's fantastic. Also if you like to listen to games you get the home and away feeds of all games, including the twins. No blocks for the radio feeds.

Wow. Thanks Dish. So the City of Fosston, MN total population <1500 people and a ton of other tiny little cable companies can afford to show the games but its just too much to pay for Charlie. I was already considering dropping my Dish and going with MLB.tv through a Roku for my Twins games. The Twins are about all I watch in the summer time. Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone tried MLB.TV streaming to their TV with decent success as far as picture quality? Its too bad they pull this crap all the time because I love my 722 receiver.

I believe they black out your local team's games on MLB.tv so you wouldn't be able to get the Twins games. I definitely am getting tired of this crap with Dish. If it wasn't for their nice equipment I don't know if I would stay with them.

Count me among those upset. I got Dish way back when for the express purpose of watching Twins games. If I miss opportunities so the kids can have a hissy, I may just take my ball and go home!

Count me among those upset. I got Dish way back when for the express purpose of watching Twins games. If I miss opportunities so the kids can have a hissy, I may just take my ball and go home!

The Twins just tied it up in the 8th. I was following the game on Gameday, and when I saw the Twins with the bases loaded, I went to turn it over to FSN only to find the game blacked out. I've been able to live without MLB Network, but I will be jumping ship in September when my two years are up if Dish doesn't fix this. I expect all the Twins games to be televised as advertised, and if they can't do it, then I'm gone.

I just sent an email to the ceo address expressing my extreme displeasure with this situation. Like some others I pay over $130 per month for this crappy service. I stated in my email that I will be cutting back on my programming if this isn't resolved. I will drop all of the premium movie channels except for my penny Cinemax.

Watching now on Bell Canada's MLB Package. No blackouts, great HD picture. Bell reception in MN should be quite easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts