Too heck! With those Premium Channels

I was an Everything package customer for years until this month. I dropped the premiums and just have the AT250 with multi-sport package now. I'm putting my focus on fishing this spring and summer now and didn't feel the need to spend the $45 per month on channels I rarely watched. I did make sure I recorded a bunch of movies first though. I may add them back next winter if I can get them at a discounted price, we'll see.

Wondering? How many feel as I do. Give me Netflix by mail and the streaming service and I say the heck with those premium service channels. I pay the same as having HBO itself and I feel I get a lot more! Those movie reruns on the premiums are just a pain! Those special series movies may be the only thing that keeps people coming around. Even with the special series I find I can still leave them alone. What do ya all think? Is the premee's subject too extinction.:eek::popcorn

Well as rumors progress I see we will get some kind of free premiums this weekend. I for one will not complain! But as you may see through the thread many subscribers are getting their premiums through a reduced rate. That should tell us something. I think we all can't afford the everything packages. As time goes on we will all have to all make those decisions. Package profile's are going to change and our beloved sports programming is going to go uphill. I hope we eventually will be able too afford what we like most.....

Well as rumors progress I see we will get some kind of free premiums this weekend. I for one will not complain!
What rumors exactly??
But as you may see through the thread many subscribers are getting their premiums through a reduced rate. That should tell us something.
Tells us what we all already know...half off is better than full price.

Its incredible but year after year someone comes on complaining about the price of the service, the price of the premium channels and the price of the equipment. It's as though they didn't even read the contract! I challenge anyone to find the high quality, oscar rated series and movies that HBO provides. Every year they place in the top 3 at the Oscars, or The Golden Globe.
Not to mention they also produce foreign films which most U.S viewers do not see. This comes with a price! $18 for a month? Are you kidding? What a bargain.
It has nothing to do with the repeats over the year that you missed or you saw. HBO represent some of the finest programming it reflects shame on Showtime, and Cinemax, a run of the mill movie provider.
Bottom Line? If you dont want it ..Leave and see how you make out elsewhere.

Well I have had AEP for years but just dropped it in lieu of top 250 with Hbo for half price. The only thing I will miss is the series like trublood and dexter but I will pick them up when they are on and drop again. Heck you can stream all of the Starz movies with blockbuster and you get Epix. Saved 45 bucks cause I dropped sports pack but will pick back up in the fall.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Its incredible but year after year someone comes on complaining about the price of the service, the price of the premium channels and the price of the equipment. It's as though they didn't even read the contract! I challenge anyone to find the high quality, oscar rated series and movies that HBO provides. Every year they place in the top 3 at the Oscars, or The Golden Globe.
Not to mention they also produce foreign films which most U.S viewers do not see. This comes with a price! $18 for a month? Are you kidding? What a bargain.
It has nothing to do with the repeats over the year that you missed or you saw. HBO represent some of the finest programming it reflects shame on Showtime, and Cinemax, a run of the mill movie provider.
Bottom Line? If you dont want it ..Leave and see how you make out elsewhere.
Leave? That's a bit much. It's simple,Just don't sub to these channels if you don't find them to be worth the $$ . They're pricey no matter where you go so what would be the point of going elsewhere.

I get BB@Home. In the last year, I have watched over one hundred movies on disc. When HBO or other premiums have the free weekends, I cannot find a movie that I have not already seen on my BB@H mailed disc. I get Dish America and BB@Home and still have 80 movies on my EHD that I yet to watch.

I get BB@Home. In the last year, I have watched over one hundred movies on disc. When HBO or other premiums have the free weekends, I cannot find a movie that I have not already seen on my BB@H mailed disc.
I've found the same thing. I've already seen it on DVD/BD months before it appears on a premium channel. So, yes I too feel that the series are the main reason to get them. But then again, my local library gets these shows on dvd when they come out. So by waiting a year, I can watch them for free. The days of talking about tv shows by "the water cooler" are basically over. And really, outside of Game Of Thrones and Dexter, the fine series on AMC and FX (or even Downton Abbey) get a lot more discussion anyway. So being current on premium channel tv series isn't that important anymore.

I know that not everyone is the same situation I'm in. So premium channel subscriptions make sense for many people. It just doesn't for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts