Took the plunge.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
I just upgraded to Dish HD and a new Vip722. I have just a few questions though.

Does the $20 credits for 6 free months of HD start showing up immediately, or is there something else you have to do?

and...

Did Dish lower the cost of the upgrade? I thought it was $199 to upgrade from a 625. They only charged me $149 before the mail in rebate. (I'm not looking forward to the hassle of the mail in rebate, but that's another story.)

Install is scheduled for Sunday, January 27th from 8-12. Wish me luck. I hope this isn't another install horror story. LOL! I've never had a problem before, but you never know.

I just upgraded to Dish HD and a new Vip722. I have just a few questions though.

Does the $20 credits for 6 free months of HD start showing up immediately, or is there something else you have to do?

and...

Did Dish lower the cost of the upgrade? I thought it was $199 to upgrade from a 625. They only charged me $149 before the mail in rebate. (I'm not looking forward to the hassle of the mail in rebate, but that's another story.)

Install is scheduled for Sunday, January 27th from 8-12. Wish me luck. I hope this isn't another install horror story. LOL! I've never had a problem before, but you never know.

Take my advice.. if you have an extra $50, pay it and avoid signing a commitment!

1 more new question... I logged into my dish account online, and some new items appeared under recent activity....

STATE TAXES -6.25
01/23 01/23 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT -149.00 (obviously my payment to upgrade)
01/24 01/22 UPGRADE CHARGE -100.00

If I'm reading this correctly, did they already give me back my $100 rebate without having to send anything in at all. I don't get the upgrade until Sunday. I see they also adjusted taxes on the installation as well. Am I correct that I got my $100 rebate without sending in my form?

Edit: it is definately a credit of somesort, as my current balance is: -$211.27

I'm also upgrading to the 722, with the same install date. My account activity only shows a -$50 upgrade fee along with the -$149.00 (which was charged to my card)

I guess I'm not as special. :(

Let the story begin... Dish Network called. "We had techs call in and there are none available in your area. We tried everything we could." I'll say this much... The person on the phone was quite happy.

I'm now scheduled for tomorrow 8-12. I'll probably have to call off work however. I want to be here when they install. Not that I don't trust my wife, I do! But, I just want to be here. At least now, I get to go get my dish washer, washing machine, and heater today.

Let the story begin... Dish Network called. "We had techs call in and there are none available in your area. We tried everything we could." I'll say this much... The person on the phone was quite happy.

I'm now scheduled for tomorrow 8-12. I'll probably have to call off work however. I want to be here when they install. Not that I don't trust my wife, I do! But, I just want to be here. At least now, I get to go get my dish washer, washing machine, and heater today.

I made out a little better. Tech showed up at 9:00 or so, after calling first. He had a few problems, mainly with my 2 legacy receivers & DPP44 switch. The main problem was he installed legacy adapters for them. After screwing around for over an hour checking the lines & switch he wanted to try a different receiver. I finally did a net search for wiring diagrams and showed him the legacy adapter wasn't needed with the DPP switches. He didn't believe it and was shocked when it worked after removing the adapters. "Never heard of that" he said.

Glad for the information found in this forum. Some other gems from the installer:

1) He wanted to run another coax to where the 722 was going. It's a major SOB to do, there's hardly any room in the crawlspace above where the TV is. I asked him why he couldn't use a DPP separator. "A splitter?" he replied? After insisting 2 tuner receivers ALWAYS need 2 coax runs, he said he would try it. Of course it works fine.

2) I have a wireless bridge in the entertainment center. I told him I would hook the 722's ethernet up to this to avoid the $5 "2 tuner" fee. He said that wouldn't work, I'd need to have a phone line. :rolleyes: I ran a temporary one across the floor to make him happy.

3)I wanted him to switch where the current D500 & the proposed new 61.5 dishes were going to be located. When the trees leaf out I lose 119. He said fine, but then didn't do it. I'm not sure if he refused or just misunderstood me. No big deal, I'll do it myself in the spring.

I'm glad I took the plunge though. I played around with the 722 last night. Seems to be a real nice unit. My first recordings were 2 four hour blocks of the Playboy channel for .02 each. :D Gotta break the thing in right.

One more thing. My online account info now shows an upgrade fee of $199. It appears that the $50 credit that was on there previously was just to reduce the price to the $149 I was charged before. Nothing to do with getting the rebate instantly.

you still need to send the rebate form what you see on your bill was the charge for your upgrade $99 for your receiver and $49 for the install and your payment of $149 takes care of those charges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts