"Topic Closed" Sugestion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
When posters violate the rules in a thread I would like to see a graying out of their post with a subtext as to why it was a violation. If caught early enough no one could quote that post. I think that way it would be easier on staff. If a topic/thread was closed everyone would at least know who and why a thread was closed without a lengthy explanation by staff at the end of the thread in question.
Just a thought. Think about it....... ;)

Last edited:
One, I don't think it's a difficult task to delete a post or any that quoted it. I'm imagining that mods see little checkboxes next to posts that they can check and can check multiples. Then there's a "delete" or "move" or "hold" button.

Two, I think the rule is that no explanation needs to be given as to why it was closed.

One, I don't think it's a difficult task to delete a post or any that quoted it. I'm imagining that mods see little checkboxes next to posts that they can check and can check multiples. Then there's a "delete" or "move" or "hold" button.

Two, I think the rule is that no explanation needs to be given as to why it was closed.
One, it was just an idea. Two, it may not be required by rule but out of respect to non offending contributers and the OP of a long running surviving thread it would be the polite thing to do. One cannot administrate or govern everything by rule. Ever heard of Robert's Rules of Order? Read it. Robert's Rules Of Order | Quick Reference In this Case the Governing Assembly would be Scott first, the Staff second. Silence however means consent. With that said.....Staff please close this one.;)
P.S. I have a long history of supporting Scott and the Staff. That will never change. However I am not a clone and out of respect I will at times express my dissenting opinion.​

Last edited:

Pretty close - about the checkboxes. And yes, we can check multiples. And a dropdown list with moderation tools, to delete, copy, move, merge, stick, etc...

There is no way to gray out a post.

And any time I am forced to close a thread, I post a reply explaining that I am doing it. But not necessarily naming names. People can see what posts have been deleted, and can infer from there. We do not like closing threads, but sometimes its the best course of action. Sometimes its the only course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)