Torchwood - Children of Earth Miniseries

Finally back from vacation so I could watch the final one... WOW; my favorite so far. I liked the darker view much better as Doctor Who sometimes (well more like most of the time) ends up with the happy ending in the last couple seasons (the planet of the ood really creeped me out for a few days...) I was kind of wondering if the grandson would end up surviving since obvious Jack is "immortal" but they didn't do it which also impressed me.

So if Jack comes back... who's really left? Gweyn I'm wondering if she'll retire since she's got the baby (if she has it.) I'm also curious if it would be the admin and the military woman?

-Mike

Tonight is Day One of Torchwood: Children of Earth.

Hopefully dish (and others) has BBCA-HD on tonight. I got a copy of BBC's broadcast, but would rather see it in HD. Hopefully BBC America doesn't hack it up.

I found HD copies the day after they aired.

Not only that, but the 1080i (I'm assuming it was 1080i) reencoded to 720p still looks better than 99% of both the 1080i and 720p on Dish! That's very, very sad.

Well, I've read this via a Torchwood mailing list:

"I've got Comcast in the Philly area and, as of this afternoon, BBCA is in HD. The bummer is that there is now no non-HD BBCA channel so I can't get BBCA on the regular digital cable box upstairs."

Unfortunately BBCA-HD was not on Dish yesterday. :mad:
So I wound up watching a copy I got from BBC. Nice not to have commercials to skip through, but would have rathered HD.

Episode was pretty good last night.

Unfortunately BBCA-HD was not on Dish yesterday. :mad:
So I wound up watching a copy I got from BBC. Nice not to have commercials to skip through, but would have rathered HD.

Episode was pretty good last night.

I was hoping it would be in HD too... but overall it's a good series this season; I suspect they should get renewed. Even though it was dark, I personally think it's much better than last season :) I actually saw the first one in SD, then the last few in HD and really wasn't a big deal. Though HD is definitely better towards the end in HD so hopefully they enable BBCA-HD soon.

(btw sorry for the early spoilers posts in here, I misunderstood the previous post about where to post...)

-Mike

Last edited:
It's now reported that Dish won't have BBCA in HD until next month. So I'll probably just watch the BBC copies I have.

Due to VBS this week, and my lack of available time in the evening, I'll probably only have time for 1 episode a night, so will ironically be following BBCA's schedule anyway. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see how Jack "pieces" himself back together tonight.

Ive missed out on Torchwood and the newer Dr Who (loved the old series), but now that I have BBCA again Im getting back in. Just finished ep 3 of Children of Earth, and think its pretty good. Gonna record the Dr Who 4 parter coming up.

This is the first time I've seen Torchwood. Not as big a fan of sci-fi as I once was but enjoyed it. I was surprised by the dark side of the final episode but made it less hokey than sci-fi can be. I'll have to watch the earlier episodes now.

I was a little disgusted with the way the government had no problems rounding up children for the aliens. I was totally turned off to Jack after what he did to his own flesh and blood grandson. I don't think I could ever like him again. NO MATTER WHAT ! I know the needs of the many out weigh the few or the one. Bullsh!t! I think everyone on earth would of been better off fighting back and let the earth be destroyed , than to give in to the aliens. Just like with terrorist , once you give in to them , they will keep coming back and asking for more and more. North Korea sound familar? What kind of people were these government hacks anyway? I found the series very dark and I really didn't like the way they resolved it. It was good , but I would never give up my child or any child , just so the rest of us could survive. Talk about bargin with the DEVIL.

Where's a good place to download the Torchwood: Children of Earth series, and the little "hub insiders" they showed with it?

Finally finished watching Children of Earth this weekend. Good series, lots of interesting developments. I'm curious to see what/if anything they can do with another series.

I was a little disgusted with the way the government had no problems rounding up children for the aliens.
So was I, I'm surprised they caved so quickly without a fight.

I was totally turned off to Jack after what he did to his own flesh and blood grandson.
Unfortunately, I can see it from Jack's perspective. Once sacrifice to save them all. Really tough choice to have to make.

I did love how the American general ordered the British PM around like his little b!#ch. :D
And how the one's guys asst. shot him down on his plan to blame the Americans for everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)