Tornado Damaged Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
We had a tornado today. missed our house but we got some wind damage and one item that was lost was our directv dish. The dish is pretty twisted so it can't hold a signal. Will directv replace this for free or do I have to pay a large fee for them to come out? If that is the case I might just cancel or buy a dish and do it myself. We have the 5lnb dish.

thanks for the reply. I will check with them and see what they say. I do have a pile of dishes around so if worst comes to worst I can use 5 single dishes maybe. or least get one up for 101, 110.

I have two options with D* they can add 5.99 for a year or 49.99 one time visit. hmmm might just buy a dish without the lnb's to see if it would work.

If you have a Ka/Ku dish(5LNB), you will need another Ka/Ku dish to replace it. The Triple Sat and Basic 18" dish will not pick up all of the satellites you need. It's a Ka/Ku dish or nothing.

I have one of the first Directv dishes with the eyes that picks up the five orbital locations (not the slimline) that I paid only $10 for that I would sell to you for $10 plus whatever the shipping is but I will have to see if I have a box for it. It is doing me no good.

it is not slimline or nothing, you can get a signal on all sats with a trip sat dish and a ka lnb, but you have to do a little grinding here and there to make it work. Don't recomend you try it but just letting you all know that it can be made to work at least in my area maybe not further away or east or west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)