Torque wrench

excalibur

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Hi,
Dish 1000.4 require a torque wrench to make ajusments of the dish and as a rule, this tool is use by a mechanic which I'M not therefore is it possible to make adjusments without it.

Thanks

Of course! My installer had it aligned in about 5 minutes, and I saw no torque wrenches on his belt.

I'm a DNS tech, the only torque wrench we have is a 7/16" to tighten f-connectors. We just use a regular wrench or ratchet when building and adjusting dishes
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Agree with 2.gif two #2.gif2.gif2.gif

Now what about connecting my dish to my receiver:
satellite cable 77 to port of LNB, cable 72.7 to port two and cable 61.5 to port three and LNB in which is free, therefore three cables hook up to a 4 ways divider, 3 inputs and one output to my receiver.

It's supposed to be a 1000.4 which has an internal switch with 3 DPP outputs and one input. So the OP needs one cable per receiver coming down from any one of those outputs. No splitters or dividers between the 1000.4 and the receivers!

Sorry it should read splitter instead of divider,and yes DPP44 has a internal switch and correct me if I'm wrong is this mean that the only cable that I have to connect to the output of DPP44 is the cable leading to my receiver leaving the other three inputs ports free.

Hi,
Sorry it should read splitter instead of divider, so yes there a switch on my DDP44 and three ouputs and one input, therefore only one cable leading to my receiver is needed, and that all., somehow easy.

Hi
Yes my DPP44 has a switch three outputs and one input,so all I have to do is connect my cable leading to my receiver to the one the ouputs of the LNB.

Hi,

Divider should read splitter, an my LNB has three ouputs and one input, so all I have to do is connect the cable leading to my receiver leaving the others two ports and input free.

Divider should read splitter

This is the part that's confusing garys and myself. There should be no splitters nor dividers between your 1000.4 and your receiver. If you are just talking about your duo receiver separator, then yes that works to feed both tuners in the receiver from one cable from the dish.

an my LNB has three ouputs and one input, so all I have to do is connect the cable leading to my receiver leaving the others two ports and input free.

Yes, that's right. I would remove your DPP44 since it is entirely unnecessary if you have 3 or fewer receivers.

--- you can use DP lnbs if they're connected to a DPP44 switch or DPP33 switch, the above diagram is just an example on how the OP can connect the DPP44 switch - the diagram itself came from a dishnetwork database ---