ABC HD quality ?????

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Over the past few months we have noticed the quality of our local ABC in HD has gotten terrible. There are red pixels that come up all over the place and the HD is fuzzy a lot of the time.

We recorded a show via OTA to compare, and the OTA was flawless. Has anyone else experienced this. Might be a coincidence, but with ABC being owned by Disney, it really makes us wonder.

Last edited:
No idea which local ABC you have?We have WSOC Charlotte here and haven't had any issues.

I don't watch much of ABC anymore, but other than our annoying weathermen, I haven't notice any picture quality differences between OTA and Dish local for the couple of times I do watch.

I don't watch much of ABC anymore, but other than our annoying weathermen, I haven't notice any picture quality differences between OTA and Dish local for the couple of times I do watch.

It's funny. The local news looks fine. It's mostly on the prime time shows. Wife gets upset when watching greys anatomy and it is definitely noticeable on last man standing.

Whenever there is an issue involving a local station, the quickest and surest path to resolution begins with the chief engineer at the local station. No matter where the issue lies, the local station is concerned and has the resources to work with Dish or whoever to fix it. That is from a career broadcast engineer.

It's funny. The local news looks fine. It's mostly on the prime time shows.
It would be a matter of DISH substituting national feeds or feeds from another station just for the Prime Time stuff and I can't imagine they're playing that game. OTA shouldn't behave any differently from satellite based on where the content originates.

Same issues with our ABC channel. Prime time shows look not much better than a sd feed. We are in the baltimore, md market. Grey's, Castle, etc look bad..

Same issues with our ABC channel. Prime time shows look not much better than a sd feed. We are in the baltimore, md market. Grey's, Castle, etc look bad..

have you emailed dish and your local station?

Are you WA as well?

Last edited:
Same ABC problem here in Bakersfield, CA. At times, it's nearly unwatchable due to the blurred version of HD. And yes, it's only for prime time shows. And there's no issue when I view via an antenna.

Same ABC problem here in Bakersfield, CA. At times, it's nearly unwatchable due to the blurred version of HD. And yes, it's only for prime time shows. And there's no issue when I view via an antenna.

Just got an response from Dish:

dishquality@echostar.com said:
Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

Thank you for your email. I did some investigating into this and unfortunately was not able to find any customer complaints or discrepancy tickets open on this service. I have placed this channel on our monitoring list and will leave it on the list for at least the next week in hopes of duplicating this problem. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

everyone who is experiencing this- PLEASE EMAIL dish.

still waiting for a response from the local station. everything looks great via OTA, so it has to be a dish issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts