Toshiba HD-A2 $199

Its too bad that they haven't applied the Toshiba $100 discount to the other models.

They are. The first three weeks of the promo the $100 instant rebate applies only to the A2. The last week of the promo - from June 10th through June 16th - Toshiba will extend the $100 rebate to any Toshiba HD DVD player, and will offer an additional $100 rebate to consumers purchasing both an HD DVD player and a 42 inch (or larger) Toshiba HDTV.

I have the 1st gen, XA1 and have been very happy with it. But I'm also in the market for a new HDTV with 1080p input & display. I'm seriously considering getting a Toshiba DLP TV & XA2 next week. :up

Is this a sale for the week, I was on the site yesterday morning and it wasn't this low.

Great deal, but I want 1080p output, I'll wait for a cheap combo player. I just picked up a HDDVD drive for my laptop and already have the 360 addon.

Is this a sale for the week, I was on the site yesterday morning and it wasn't this low.

Great deal, but I want 1080p output, I'll wait for a cheap combo player. I just picked up a HDDVD drive for my laptop and already have the 360 addon.

Toshiba HD-A2
HD DVD high-definition player

Item #052HDA2

Out of stock
Ship date uncertain
Reserve yours risk-free
Email me when it's available
$499.99
Price Break - $200.00
Crutchfield Instant Rebate - $100.00
Your Final Price $199.99

At those prices, you gottta get 'em while they're hot.

But, per my post above, you can get the $100 rebate on an A20 or XA2 with 1080p output next week, starting Tuesday. ;)

EDIT: ValueElectronics.com already has the $100 rebate factored in for the A20 & XA2, for orders June 9 -16:
A20: $339.99 + $19.99 shipping
XA2: $499.99 + $19.99

Price on the A20 is tempting - 1080p output with HDMI 1.2a
XA2 has HDMI 1.3 1080p output plus top of the line Silicon Optix Reon HQV processor.

Last edited:
EDIT: ValueElectronics.com already has the $100 rebate factored in for the A20 & XA2, for orders June 9 -16:
A20: $339.99 + $19.99 shipping
XA2: $499.99 + $19.99
Electronics Expo is selling the XA2 for $491.88 + $19 S&H if you go through Amazon.com.

Amazon.com is selling the XA2 for $521.88 with free shipping.

My local Video Only is selling the XA2 for $599.00 through the 17th.

Looks like the Toshiba HD-A2 @ $199 deal is dead. I ordered one yesterday and got an invoice with this price and a ship date of 6/26. Today, on Monday AM the Cructchfield site shows the price at $299

Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD high-definition player at Crutchfield.com

Toshiba HD-A2
HD DVD high-definition player
Item #052HDA2

Out of stock
Ship date uncertain
Reserve yours risk-free
Email me when it's available

$399.99
Crutchfield Instant Rebate - $100.00
Your Final Price $299.99

My two local Costo's are selling the HD-D2 (A2 with HDMI) for $249.99, which is very good deal considering it comes with Costco's satisfaction guarantee.

Isn't Costco's never ending satisfaction a thing of the past? I don't have a Costco nearby ( yet) just Sam's so I am not sure. Costco is building in Omaha now for the the first time in Nebraska.

Isn't Costco's never ending satisfaction a thing of the past? I don't have a Costco nearby ( yet) just Sam's so I am not sure. Costco is building in Omaha now for the the first time in Nebraska.
The exclusion applies to TVs and a handful of select items that were being abused. From the Costco website:

"We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund."

Tech Question W/ HDDVD HD Setup

Can anyone recommend a good, affordable upconvert dvd player?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)