Toshiba TRX 2200 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoot550

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Colorado
Hi,

I have recently acquired a 10ft dish and a Toshiba TRX2200 receiver. However, the front panel lcd backlight is not working. If I hold a light to the lcd display, I can see that it is working properly, but it is not illuminated. The receiver works fine otherwise, and you can navigate through what needs to be done without it. At this point, it's just a minor annoyance.

Does anyone happen to have experience with this receiver that could offer some advice?

Thanks in advance!

light bulbs

I used to see those replacement bulbs or leds or whatever the are, on ebay sometimes, but haven't looked lately. You might check with skyvision tomorrow and see if they have them. They could be hard to find these days, unless they're something generic and used in other devices.

i would suspect you can get a replacement led/bulb at radio shack. the 2220 should be a great receiver for analog and moving a big dish. it was one of toshiba's top of the line units

Just find a bulb that can fit in there and is the same voltage. Quite a few things have back illumination like that. Sometimes you think the LCD display is bad but it turns out you just need to change a bulb or two.

You can search the web for lamps & bulbs. Radio Shack for the most part has a very limited choice and is way overpriced.

Thanks for your advice, I was afraid to start taking it apart to see if there was a replacement bulb in there somewhere. Now that I know that's what I'm looking for, I'll take a shot at it.

I have the same issue. Could you respond if you are able to fix it and how you went about it, as well as what type of bulb it took? Thanks!!!

I was able to follow some instructions I dug up in a Yahoo! group archive for removing the lamps. You can see it here. It is very simple, but getting the front in a position to get a screwdriver in to remove the lamps was a bit tricky.

The part number for the lamp appears to be 23113932 and is available from a few places. The problem is, they are about $10 apiece, and there are three of them in there. I'm going to see if there is something compatible that is a little less expensive from some local electronic stores or gizmo gurus that I know. If not, I'm not sure having the front screen is worth $30 at this point since everything I need is in the on screen display, and if I need to see the satellite position, I can look out the window. :)

The list of authorized Toshiba parts dealers can be found here. Not all of the links listed have a catalog that can be viewed online. Several of them have them, but as I said, they're all in that $10 price range. I'm thinking that $30 worth of light bulbs would be better suited as a starting fund toward a 4DTV receiver.

Thanks for the update! Let me know if you are able to find an alternative ti the $10 bulbd,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)