Total cost for Americas top 200

I know it is $34.00 a month, but how much do they charge for HD receiver rental per month?
It isn't $34/mo. it is $34.99plus $25/mo discount for the first 12 mo. after 12 mo. you will pay $59.99for the next 12mo. of your 2 year contract. DISH has already announced their January price increases for programming and receivers. Tell us what you are planning on leasing and we can give you more accurate guesses on you monthly bill.

If you go with the hopper, then you have no choice but to use Joeys or a second hopper. I would say 2 hoppers and 2 joey's. $7 per extra hopper or joey and $10 for the dvr whole home fee.

So 2 hoppers and 2 joeys would be $31.00 a month in fees in addition to the programming fee

Thanks for answers guys, somewhat confused, never heard of a Joey before. been on comcast for 15 yrs. But their prices keep jacking up.
I have rg6 cable going into 4 rooms. So you mentioned one receiver free with acitivation, ok can i get a dvr with first install in living room.
then I would need 2 more hd receivers and 1 standard for the bedrooms. Will they charge me for the HD dish that is mounted outside?

The Hopper is the DVR receiver. The Joey, connects to the Hopper and can access its tuners and recordings I think you can have up to three Joeys per Hopper. Or you could go 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys.

Hopper/Joey is a whole home HD Dvr system. Hopper is the dvr with 3 tuners and the joey's go in the additional rooms and provide the dvr access and hd from the hopper.

It only has 3 tuners, so if you need to have the ability to watch and record more than 3 live events at the same time, then you need to get 2 hoppers and 2 joeys instead of 1 hopper and 3 joeys.

2 hoppers will give you 6 tuners and access to 6 live events at any time

A Hopper has 3 tuners and can support 3 Joeys but because there are only 3 tuners you can't have independent channel selection on 4 TVs. That is why 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys are being suggested.

How many tv's are going to be watching live tv at the same time? Satellite is not like cable. You need to determine how many tuners you truly need. Hence the suggestion for 2 hoppers. You don't want to come in and want to watch a football game only to discover your wife is watching hgtv and the teenager is watching mtv while the young one is watching spongebob and you don't have a tuner to watch the game on

O.K. OSU, now I understand. Yes, at times 4 tvs will be on at the same time. So, then 2 hoppers and 2 joeys.
One last question, are you allowed to outright buy the hoppers and joey, to save the 7 dollar fee per month.

you can buy them, but it doesn't matter they still charge the fee whether it is owned or leased.

O.K. guess I will really considered the 2 yr lease, although I hate contracts. so $34.99 plus the fee for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys $34 per month.
plus taxes and all the other hidden fees, would come out to how much? What is installation cost?

O.K. guess I will really considered the 2 yr lease, although I hate contracts. so $34.99 plus the fee for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys $34 per month.
plus taxes and all the other hidden fees, would come out to how much? What is installation cost?

This might help

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/special/?

This has the promo prices as well you can see what the prices are after the promo is over

You may want to send a message to a DIRT member they can review all costs with you

2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys would be $31.00 per month....1 Hopper, 2 Joeys @$7.00 + $10 Whole House/DVR fee.

Thanks for the answers guys! So, what does Dish have that Comcast cannot compare too. You guys must really like Dish.
Superior equipment/features and more than likely better PQ. And, IMO, far better customer service, especially thanks to DIRT...Dish Internet Response Team, who are considered a blessing around here.

As KAB above said, just wondering though since you asked....I am guessing you have done research on Dish? So you know what you might be getting programming wise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)