Total picture loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shadowfrom88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Sunny Hills, FL
I just had a total picture and connection loss for the first time since ive been with Dish. I had to do reset of the switches twice to return picture to the Hopper.....and then again to restore my joey. Is the supermoon messing with our service?

If your antenna is pointed SW (western Arc) they had a weather outage at the uplink in Wyoming this afternoon.

The storm was heavy enough that even their huge dishes were not able to penetrate it to get signal to the satellite.

Ahhh, that must have been what I saw yesterday.

On a semi-related issue, I had the World Cup Encore on (on 140 or 144, can't remember) and I got the signal-loss screen and it flipped to the SD feed on it's own. After quite a while (I wasn't sitting down watching - I was doing other things around the house), I noticed it's still on the SD feed. I thought it should have cleared up by now and toggled back, but it hadn't. So I hit CH-UP and the next channel was in HD, then CH-DOWN back to the channel I was watching and it was also in HD (now).

Was the timing just a fluke ? Doesn't the receiver (shouldn't say just the Hopper as I seem to recall my 722k did it as well) 'check' the feed and change back ? How often ?

I've had the hopper automatically switch to the sd channel a couple of times but it has never automatically switched back to the hd feed. Always had to manually do it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've had the hopper automatically switch to the sd channel a couple of times but it has never automatically switched back to the hd feed. Always had to manually do it.

Mine will switch back and forth. I've seen it a few times.

I'm 99% certain I've seen it (a Dish receiver) flip back to the HD channel on it's own. That's why I was confused. Now I wonder if it "checks" by taking a peek by using a free tuner ? There should have been one available as well, in fact, no one else was watching TV in the house nor was anything recording.

Same thing happened to me as well. It was during the first half of the World Cup final and I got complete signal loss. I ended up only missing about 15 min of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts