Total system re-vamp advice needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Depending on the install I would'nt say $300 to $400 is high. I'm guessing by Stacy's post is that the Dish is going to be pole mounted and the cable will need to be trenched to the house 100 to 150 feet. Stacy, did you call Dish and see what the 942 would cost to upgrade???

Sorry...as much as I like to make $$ on an install, I'm with Simon on this one. $400 for what amounts to a 2-room install with MAYBE 150 feet of burial? Not to make this into a bidding war, but I'd dare say that's a lot more than most of us installers would get for that given set of circumstances

There is not enough HD content in my opinion to make it worth the high cost of the 942 and all the new HD content will probably be in MPEG-4 anyways which requires a new MPEG-4 receiver.

sA :: Shaggy said:
:eek: $1300. Just a few questions about that with the 942 is that a own or a lease. break down of cost...
942.....$640
D100...$90
DPP44..$180
Total...$910 so the installer wants about 300-400 for labor? is that right.

942 = $699
Dish 1000 = $100
DPP44 = $200
Labor = $200

Not sure where the other $100+ is. I wrote it down on my desk somewhere, but I can't find it now. I guess I was so shocked I ate it. ;)

It sounds like what I need to do is order a Dish 1000 from Dishstore.net, look for a DPP44 on ebay and see about getting a 942 for Christmas.

sA :: Shaggy said:
:eek: $1300. Just a few questions about that with the 942 is that a own or a lease. break down of cost...
942.....$640
D100...$90
DPP44..$180
Total...$910 so the installer wants about 300-400 for labor? is that right.

Srry the D1000 is the D100 man a zero can change everything

Stacy, have you called Dish Network to see what they would do for you. If you've been a customer for some time I'm betting they would give you a fairly good deal on the 942 upgrade. As far as the costs from the other company, I would offer a lower install rate as they are making a little over $100 for the DPP44 and D1000. The DPP44 is only going to allow you to run 4 tuners and according to your post you will need 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts