Totaled a car with SXM, what happens....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
when I buy a new car with SXM to replace it?

I.E. can I get the 6mos free, and then move the old sub? Or what?

Sorry about your car, and I hope that you're okay. First, kill the old sub, so you aren't being charged for it.

I found out that if you get a new car with XM, you can't transfer that account to your existing account until the free trial expires. Mine expired in 3 months, then I was able to transfer it over.

You'll get mail or email from XM on how to convert the trial to a new sub.

I had paid for a year.... (plus I have a 2nd radio as a 2ndary on the account).

I guess I'll have to call them and explain....

I had paid for a year.... (plus I have a 2nd radio as a 2ndary on the account).

I guess I'll have to call them and explain....

I'm sure they have seen this happen before since they offer service with quite a number of automakers.

On a side note, again I'm glad you're okay and that you didn't get hurt!

Yeah, just trying(!) to make sure I have all my ducks in a line when I call them.

We'll see. (Still waiting for Progressive to get the car to their yard, and do the inspection.).

Thanks for the good wishes.

Yeah, just trying(!) to make sure I have all my ducks in a line when I call them.

We'll see. (Still waiting for Progressive to get the car to their yard, and do the inspection.).

Thanks for the good wishes.

I hope you have a quick process with the insurance company. When my sister-in-law totaled her Focus a few years ago the insurance company (State Farm) took their sweet time and didn't total the vehicle for 3 months and she ended up having to go to the ER because of the accident. Fortunately for her it was just a shattered wrist. It was the other guy's fault as he turned right onto the road she was on, running a red light, and smacked right into her front corner, flipping the car as she was going 60. They ended up getting a laywer and sued both the guy's insurance as well as theirs because of how long it was taking and because the initial settlement wasn't nearly enough to cover her medical bills.

It's in their best interest to figure it out soonish, as I'm in a rental that THEY (Progressive) are paying for. The sooner they total it, the sooner I get a new one :)

Got the new car yesterday. Had to split my account to take advantage of the 6 months free of Premiere and Traffic/Travel-link, but we now have both my new car and my wifes portable 6 months out of phase with each other for renewals, which will even it out.

I like the new radio in the car with Nav.

I got like a $50 some odd credit that is sitting there for 6 months from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)