Totally confused in Arkansas

jrcart

Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
I live in Woodruff Co. My zip code is 72101. When I go online to check the availability of the hd locals in Arkansas it says that I can receive the ABC & CBS local in HD. When I call Dish and say I want to receive these, they say that I can't receive them yet. I currently have the vip722 dvr and the 522 sd dvr setup. I guess what I am asking is, should I be able to receive the hd locals where I live? Is the Eastern arc dish even an option for me? Also has the dma for the HD locals changed, because I can receive all the sd locals now? Thanks.

I live in Woodruff Co. My zip code is 72101. When I go online to check the availability of the hd locals in Arkansas it says that I can receive the ABC & CBS local in HD. When I call Dish and say I want to receive these, they say that I can't receive them yet. I currently have the vip722 dvr and the 522 sd dvr setup. I guess what I am asking is, should I be able to receive the hd locals where I live? Is the Eastern arc dish even an option for me? Also has the dma for the HD locals changed, because I can receive all the sd locals now? Thanks.

I believe the LR HD locals you mentioned were made available on the satellite at 77W on Nov. 20th. You will need a dish pointed at that satellite to receive the LR HD locals. You must also have an mpeg4 capable receiver like the 211, 612, 622 or 722 models. If you have a Dish 1000.2 or Dish 500 receiver you will need to add a wing dish. E* usually installs this for $59 or for free by extending your 24-month commitment. If you are an existing subscriber, E* will not install a Dish 1000.4 unless you are extremely lucky. You could purchase and install your own 1000.4 if you want a single dish solution. Since you also have a 522 receiver, the 1000.4 dish is really not an option until you upgrade it to a VIP series (mpeg4) receiver. With your current configuration, adding a 77 wing dish is the only way to go. HD locals are included in the local package but you must have a dish pointed at the satellite carrying them.

I guess I can't believe what I'm hearing. Like Jrcart above, I'm in Arkansas about 45 minutes from Little Rock. I read the Nov. 20th announcement about HD locals being added for Little Rock (which was very much under the radar when compared to the HD local announcements) and was excited that my patient waiting was finally going to be rewarded. Then I hear, and with a little research confirmed, the only way to get the HD locals that IS INCLUDED IN MY MONTHLY BILL THAT I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR 15 MONTHS, is to pay more money to get a second dish installed.

I have no problem with a second dish, although I can see where some might, but I do have a serious problem paying extra for something that is already included in my base rate. And no, I shouldn't have to wait until mid-way through 2009 to receive it at no charge.

This is totally unacceptable.

Someone from another forum gave me this email address c e o (a t) e c h o s t a r (d o t) c o m. I wrote in and someone replied back and told me that Dish would come out and install me the wing dish so I can receive my hd locals. He said that there would be no charge. I have it set up for Saturday.

Last edited:
Someone from another forum gave me this email address *** I wrote in and someone replied back and told me that Dish would come out and install me the wing dish so I can receive my hd locals. He said that there would be no charge. I have it set up for Saturday.

Posting an email address verbatim in a public forum is suicide for that address. Spammers have search engines that scoop these up and blast them away. This is how an address becomes useless.

PLEASE DON'T post any email addresses in correct format in a public forum. Use an obscuring technique like this:

c e o (at) e c h o s t a r (dot) c o m

Thank you.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with customer support the other night asking why I couldn't get the 2 local HD channels in Jacksonville that are listed on the website. I was told the signal is protected and I won't be able to get it, not even with a new dish. Dish ate up the majority of my time that night so I didn't feel like talking about it anymore that night, but does the protected signal mean anything????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts