Totally Confused on Eastern Arc Sats

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
I am ordering from DISH a 211K and a 722K. I am in my RV and travel the US. I am currently in NY state. Which sats do I use 110,119,129 or 61.5,72,77? Does it make any difference whether I want HD or SD? I also have All American Direct for my DNS.
I currently am using a Dish 300 on 119 through out the entire US.

I would purchase a 1000.4 dish with a western arc lnb. This would give you the most flexibility for each location your at & be able to look at either arc if needed. Of course it is going to require you to educate yourself on what's what & where. If you have internet then you have all you need with this site. Work on 1 site location at a time, get it up & running then cross the next bridge at new location. After a few times on different scenarios you'll be a pro.

Thanks for the response. I like to use my Dish 300 and only 119 for ease of use while traveling. I assume I can use the Dish 300 with the 211 and only get 119 SD ?
I understand DISH will be offering Distant Network Service on May 18th. Does any body know which satellites they will be using ? Bob

I think I remember seeing the New York Hd versions would be on 119 sat . Try looking at the LIST on this website and check the satellites out for yourself.

Has this been officially announced? Did I miss a thread on it here? I am aware about the rumor of it from the summit.... Is there any more information?

No. I don't know anything else either ;)

That's code for I know what when and where but can not tell yet. :D

My only real question is if Dish will be directly offering them. It looks like they will which is too bad, leaves virtually all housholds in a white area without them. (Will be mostly RV's)

Matt To clarify, DISH will be offering ( to the best of your knowledge CYA ) Distant Network Service similar to what I now receive from All American Direct ( 4 networks ) on 110 and 119 ?

Will the Legacy LNBs on my DISH 500 allow my 722 to receive the 110 HD ? Thanks Bob

Matt To clarify, DISH will be offering ( to the best of your knowledge CYA ) Distant Network Service similar to what I now receive from All American Direct ( 4 networks ) on 110 and 119 ?

Will the Legacy LNBs on my DISH 500 allow my 722 to receive the 110 HD ? Thanks Bob

I assume you live in Crestview not Cresview as you typed? lol

While you technically can get HD from 119/110/129 you will not get distants from Dishnetwork. If your provider, in this case Dish, provides your local networks (which they do) then you can not get distants too. AAD, your other provider does not provide your local networks, so they can give you distants. (Assuming you qualify which apparently you do since you get distants from them)

This is assuming the information so far is correct that Dish will be doing the Distants. If they got someone like AAD to give the HD distants you would be able to get them, again assuming you qualify.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts