Tp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

searay43

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Republic, Washington
Hello, I finally got my new 36-inch dish up and running, this is my first venture with a motorized system and so far everything has gone very well, thanks to all the great info you have on your site. One question, last night when I was on 91W G11 I ran across a news feed from my old home town; after they were done and stopped broadcasting the transponder I was on quit working within seconds of them shutting down their broadcast. Is this normal? Do they have the ability to turn on and off a TP before and after a news feed broadcast? I thought something went wrong with my set up until I checked another TP.

Thanks

That is normal. A TP will only be active when there is something being broadcast from it, thats why a good blindscan reciever is needed to find feeds. Many news agencies and networks will often use a the same transponder, but its not always a given.

That is normal. A TP will only be active when there is something being broadcast from it, thats why a good blindscan reciever is needed to find feeds. Many news agencies and networks will often use a the same transponder, but its not always a given.

Thanks for the reply, that's interesting. I guess I got lucky last night, I had just scanned that sat and was going through the list when I stumbled on to that feed. Lot's to learn, LOL.

I tend to save most of my blindscans in my reciever. Like I said before, there are certain ones that they use all the time ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blind Scanning ?

Found an eye catcher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)