TP's and Spotbeams

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
I have noticed something weird. On 119 all my signals are mid to high 90's, EXCEPT TP1, which is a spotbeam for my locals. This fluctuates from around 60 to 85 during the day, regardless of the weather. The other TP's remain the same. A few months back it used to be around 90, and then it changed to this fluctuation issue. It did it with my old 500 on a 625, and it does it with a 1000 on a 622 now.
Did something happen to 119 satellite?

Are you close to the edge of the spotbeam? If so maybe the satellite drifted just enough to cause the fluctuation or something. I notice larger fluctuations when the wind blows if there is a partial blockage of the signal due to trees.

I've noticed the same thing on my spotbeam. Used to be about avg of 85, now it is between 60-75, depending on time of day. Usually in mid-day, it is lowest. Not enough to effect signal right now, but I wonder if it will get worse over time. Seems like all of this happened when they started to push the new 110 sat. up.

Conus channels are all still pretty high, 95-125, the same where they were before my spots lowered, so I know it's not my dish. Yes, I am on the edge of my beam.

lacruz said:
I've noticed the same thing on my spotbeam. Used to be about avg of 85, now it is between 60-75, depending on time of day. Usually in mid-day, it is lowest. Not enough to effect signal right now, but I wonder if it will get worse over time. Seems like all of this happened when they started to push the new 110 sat. up.

Conus channels are all still pretty high, 95-125, the same where they were before my spots lowered, so I know it's not my dish. Yes, I am on the edge of my beam.
So where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts