Tracking S-Band Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eifarra

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Malaysia
Hi,

I have a question about tracking a satellite. Let say if I want to track S-band signal. What's satellite can be used to track this S-band signal?

Is SPOT can be used to track the S-band signal? If yes, which one of SPOT can be used?

FYI, along my research, Spot 2, Spot 4 and Spot 5 can be used to track X-band Signal. I just wondering if these satellites can be used to track S-band signal.

Your attention and cooperation is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

From what I've found, Spot satellites don't track x-band signals. They are satellites taking images of vegetation for research. The reference to x-band concerning the Spot satellites is that x-band is used to downlink stored images to receiving stations on the ground. As far as tracking s-band satellites, I don't know of any satellites tracking those type satellites (unless you have a friend working in the intel community). While s-band is sometimes used for data relay among satellites, I don't think there's any passive tracking going on. Here is a link to a page where folks have experimented in ground-based tracking of s-band satellites.

UHF-Satcom.com - S-band reception

If you really want to have some fun, find a multi-axis satellite dish and connect it to a receiver that uses the signal agc for dish movement. Then all you need is a down-converter from s-band to the 950-1600 range. Initially find the s-band signal and let the receiver track the satellite. Satellite location can be determined from actuator position sensors. Have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts