Tracking Satellite with S-Band signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eifarra

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Malaysia
Hi,

I have a question about tracking a satellite. Let say if I want to track S-band signal. What's satellite can be used to track this S-band signal?

Is SPOT can be used to track the S-band signal? If yes, which one of SPOT can be used?

FYI, along my research, Spot 2, Spot 4 and Spot 5 can be used to track X-band Signal. I just wondering if these satellites or any other satellite can be used to track S-band signal.

Your attention and cooperation is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Out of curiosity why would you want to track a S-band satellite? I am guessing you are referring to GPS type one way signals. DOH.... you are talking about high resolution imaging. Anyhow.. my initial question still stands.

yes, i am talking about high resolution imaging. I'm now working in satellite industry but yet, i am new in this field.

We going to have a 1 to 3 meters antenna. This antenna is for testing purpose. Is it possible to track S-band signal from any satellites?

From my understanding, S-band is used for TT&C and of course this only allowed in their (owner of the satellite) station. I just wondering if i could track and receive signal from any satellite just to show that my station is working.

or do i confuse u? :confused: sorry, i'm not good in words :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)