Transfer material from 722k to Hopper

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Is it possible to transfer what is on the 722k to the Hopper 3. I tried placing the HDD from the 722k into ext HDD cradle and it pulled the it's not Dish format crap on me. Backed out of that. Now have the 722 back together and hooked up via net port to net port like Hopper to Hopper. They are talking to one another but it has said it failed once. Trying again and it just said nope it won't do it. So is there any other way to do the transfer? Would rather not lose everything off the 722k.

It might take the Hopper 3 about 72 hours to settle in. That means that you should disconnect your EHD from the H3 and let the Hopper settle in. After the 72 hours plug the EHD back in And see what happens.

I thought that only Hopper units with the new carbon interface could transfer content from USB port to USB port.

What you need to do is hook an external drive to the 722k. After the external drive is formatted, you should be able to transfer content from the 722k to the external drive. Since the external drive is tied to your account, you can then hook the external drive to the hopper. You can then either transfer the programs to the hopper or you can leave them on the external drive. The external drive will show up as a source on the hopper

Is it possible to transfer what is on the 722k to the Hopper 3. I tried placing the HDD from the 722k into ext HDD cradle and it pulled the it's not Dish format crap on me. Backed out of that. Now have the 722 back together and hooked up via net port to net port like Hopper to Hopper. They are talking to one another but it has said it failed once. Trying again and it just said nope it won't do it. So is there any other way to do the transfer? Would rather not lose everything off the 722k.
Did you not try transferring from the 722 to an EHD ahead of time? That's only way you could have done it. How ya been, Bud (other than this)?

The USB output for the ext HDD hasn't worked since the wipe out that took place a long time ago. Also if you let an HDD format there is nothing left on it. Formatting is wiping an HDD and resetting it to then be able to have data to be placed on it.

Now that I have reread the original post I realize that he actually took out the hard drive from the 722 and tried to mount it in the Hopper. Nope, that ain’t gonna work. You gotta transfer the programs from the 722 to an external hard drive as has been noted.

Now that I have reread the original post I realize that he actually took out the hard drive from the 722 and tried to mount it in the Hopper. Nope, that ain’t gonna work. You gotta transfer the programs from the 722 to an external hard drive as has been noted.
No I didn't I took the HDD out of the 722k and mounted it in an ext HDD cradle(case). I haven't opened the Hopper 3. Sure as hell not gonna pop open the Hopper yet. That would be nuts.

No I didn't I took the HDD out of the 722k and mounted it in an ext HDD cradle(case). I haven't opened the Hopper 3. Sure as hell not gonna pop open the Hopper yet. That would be nuts.
Same idea, you can’t do that. It has to be an external hard drive. It all has to do with encryption.

Same idea, you can’t do that. It has to be an external hard drive. It all has to do with encryption.
Dude don't you get it, I'm asking if there is any way? I've given all the things that I have tried. I'm frustrated and I'm looking to see if there are any other options. I can't use the ext HDD out of the 722k it's toast and has been ever since the wipe out of those outputs.

Dude don't you get it, I'm asking if there is any way? I've given all the things that I have tried. I'm frustrated and I'm looking to see if there are any other options. I can't use the ext HDD out of the 722k it's toast and has been ever since the wipe out of those outputs.
I do, indeed, get it but you don’t seem to want to hear that there is no other way. There have been 3 people that have told you that. I’m sorry you are frustrated.

I do, indeed, get it but you don’t seem to want to hear that there is no other way. There have been 3 people that have told you that. I’m sorry you are frustrated.
Yes, and all 3 of you have come up w/exactly same answer of hooking up an ext HDD to the 722k which I stated doesn't ans hasn't worked on the unit since the big blow out of those outputs. So I trying to see if anyone besides the 3 of you have any other suggestions.

Go to the yahoo group DishRip (Yahoo! Groups) In files under PVRExplorer there is a program that can extract video from the unenchrypted internal drive of a 722.

You disconnect everything from the 722, plug it in wait 30 sec or so for the drive to spin up then remove ONLY the SATA data cable from the 722 and either connect it to a live SATA port on your PC or through a SATA to USB converter to your PC.

If your USBs on the 722 are dead this or a Hauppauge PVR1212 are your only options.

The PVRExplorer program converts the programs to TS (transport Stream) files that many video players and/or video editors can read.

BTY I have heard it said that if you get the 722 replaced with a working unit on your account, you could swap the internal drives and be able to copy them to an EHD that way, but with the Hopper on your account, that is now moot.

Reactions: navychop
Go to the yahoo group DishRip (Yahoo! Groups) In files under PVRExplorer there is a program that can extract video from the unenchrypted internal drive of a 722.

You disconnect everything from the 722, plug it in wait 30 sec or so for the drive to spin up then remove ONLY the SATA data cable from the 722 and either connect it to a live SATA port on your PC or through a SATA to USB converter to your PC.

If your USBs on the 722 are dead this or a Hauppauge PVR1212 are your only options.

The PVRExplorer program converts the programs to TS (transport Stream) files that many video players and/or video editors can read.

BTY I have heard it said that if you get the 722 replaced with a working unit on your account, you could swap the internal drives and be able to copy them to an EHD that way, but with the Hopper on your account, that is now moot.

You can access this file at the URL:
Yahoo! Groups

Thanks for info. Do you know of any other way? Does anyone on the forum know of any other way. Thanks all for the help.

Thanks for info. Do you know of any other way? Does anyone on the forum know of any other way. Thanks all for the help.
I like this suggestion:
...I have heard it said that if you get the 722 replaced with a working unit on your account, you could swap the internal drives and be able to copy them to an EHD that way, but with the Hopper on your account, that is now moot.
What you would have to do is purchase a used 722 (with working USB ports) that can still be reactivated, then call Dish to temporarily deactivate the Hopper and activate the replacement 722. Swap the internal drives of the 722's and use the replacement 722 to do the transfer to EHD. Then, call Dish back to reactivate the Hopper and deactivate the 722. At that point, you should be able to transfer the recordings from the EHD to the Hopper, or use the Hopper to watch the recordings directly from the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)