Transfer Recording from One Hopper to Second Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

calbbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
SF Bay Area
I have a 2H/1J setup and recently had my second Hopper replaced. While waiting to receive the replacement I was recording my shows on the Hopper that the wife uses and now I would like to move those recording to the second Hopper. Clean it up a little so she doesn't have to sift through my recordings(she doesn't like the new gui showing recordings, long story:rolleyes:).

Is this possible?

I have tried on the Hopper(s) and searched the forums and haven't found anything. I thought I could also do this if in the future if it looks like one of the Hoppers is about to die and I could transfer recordings to the good Hopper. Eventually I will get a EHD that I could use for that scenario but in the meantime, back to the original question :).

Thanks.

garys said:
You can transfer to EHD's, you cannot transfer to another Hopper, but you can watch recordings that are on anther one.

Thanks for the answer regarding Hopper to Hopper. I was aware of the other viewing option and use it extensively. I think I'm going to create a folder and move my stuff into it to easier to find my stuff. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)