Transfer Recording from One Hopper to Second Hopper?

calbbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
SF Bay Area
I have a 2H/1J setup and recently had my second Hopper replaced. While waiting to receive the replacement I was recording my shows on the Hopper that the wife uses and now I would like to move those recording to the second Hopper. Clean it up a little so she doesn't have to sift through my recordings(she doesn't like the new gui showing recordings, long story:rolleyes:).

Is this possible?

I have tried on the Hopper(s) and searched the forums and haven't found anything. I thought I could also do this if in the future if it looks like one of the Hoppers is about to die and I could transfer recordings to the good Hopper. Eventually I will get a EHD that I could use for that scenario but in the meantime, back to the original question :).

Thanks.

garys said:
You can transfer to EHD's, you cannot transfer to another Hopper, but you can watch recordings that are on anther one.

Thanks for the answer regarding Hopper to Hopper. I was aware of the other viewing option and use it extensively. I think I'm going to create a folder and move my stuff into it to easier to find my stuff. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)