Transfer to new laptop

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
I recently obtained a Toshiba laptop from my MIL. We transferred all the data from my old ASUS to an external drive,wiped Windows 8.1 from the Toshiba and loaded Windows 10. It seems to be working fine, but it will not allow Office without a key being entered. I have no idea what the key is. Is there any way around this ?

Glad you found it.

You posted the updates as I was typing this, so I'll modify my initial reply.

There are little utilities that can be downloaded like Magic Jellybean Finder (as you found out) and Win Product Key, but those don't support retrieving keys from anything newer then Office 2010 last time I checked. Belarc System Advisor will tell you everything you can possibly tolerate to know about your computer including the serial keys for all software installed. Belarc gets installed and opens in a browser window and about halfway down the screen is a section for software and their respective serial keys Belarc can recover Office 2013 and probably 2016 keys

Products: Belarc Advisor

With retail copies of Office 2013 and 2016, you can associate them with a Microsoft account. If that's the case you can sign in to the portal at office.com/setup and enter in the MS account credentials associated with the licence of Office and you'll be able to download and reinstall it from there.

Reactions: TheKrell
Belarc Advisor is Da Bomb. Easy to print report will tell you everything you need to know about your computer. I have printed the report out for each of my devices.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)