Transferred recordings problem

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
So when I ordered the Hopper, I also ordered an External HD to move the rest of my recordings off my 622. This was a second EHD, as the first one was full. So ok, everything comes off the 622, and I can even play back recordings from either device, and have them both mounted at the same time.

But I'd ended up with episodes of the same show on both EHDs, and wanted to consolidate them. So, I moved the recordings to the Hopper, as I was unable to move them EHD to EHD.

I then tried to move them to the other EHD, but it didn't take after a couple tries. I didn't have time to look into it till today. if I try to play the recordings that got moved to the Hopper, all I get is a black screen. No errors or other messages, no banners, just black.

I can still play directly from both EHDs, and anything the Hopper itself has recorded plays fine, but not the programs that came off the EHD. I'm leery of trying to move anything else, as I'll likely lose it, too.

Any thoughts? Could a cold boot help something, perhaps?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

When I got my Hoppers I tried to transfer from my EHD. Most things transferred correctly. But anything I had recorded OTA on my 722 refused to play on the Hopper.. Not sure what the reason was..