Transferring DVR Recordings: Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Whyclef

Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
Tyler, TX
The Hopper 3 has a tool that allows you to retrieve DVR recordings from another Hopper via Settings > Diagnostics > Tools using an ethernet cable. I attempted to retrieve DVR recordings from my Hopper with Sling to the Hopper 3, but it was not successful. DISH tech support said that they do not know if it will work with a Hopper with Sling. This is a question they have been getting more frequently and they are still waiting for an answer from the team working with Hopper 3.

Does anyone know if this feature will transfer recordings from different models of Hoppers or if it only works with Hopper 3?

Feature is going to be released at later date based on other threads.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, it works. Its a pretty slow method, as in days, not hours to transfer a nearly full Hopper, though. We used it to transfer recordings from my brothers old HWS to his new H3 when he got it. Took the better part of two days if memory serves.

Yes, it works. Its a pretty slow method, as in days, not hours to transfer a nearly full Hopper, though. We used it to transfer recordings from my brothers old HWS to his new H3 when he got it. Took the better part of two days if memory serves.
WoW! Thanks for that info..... I guess I'll stick with moving to my EHD and back - I don't have that kind of time. That's too bad though as in theory, it sounds like a great idea.
Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)