Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
After living with my Hopper 3 for the last year, I'm surprised I haven't seen this issue before, but here goes.

I marked the Super Bowl LI to be recorded (even though it was already a PrimeTime Anytime event) and several issues cropped up:
  1. Even though it was a Sports event, my usual 30 - 60 minutes of additional time after the event did not get added.
  2. Since this was on FOX, PrimeTime ends at 10pm EST.
  3. I had to go in and record the Post Game show to catch the actual end of the game since the Super Bowl LI event ended at 10pm EST.
  4. Now that it's all over, I want to transfer the two Super Bowl recordings to my EHD, but I don't see where that is even possible. If I press the "Options" button on an Event outside the PrimeTime Anytime folder I see the option to Transfer to EHD, but not inside the PTAT folder.
  5. Pressing "Save" on the PTAT Event "copies" it to outside the PTAT folder, but it still does not show it as available as an Event that can be transferred to the EHD.
I was able to save last year's Super Bowl 50 to the EHD so I know it is (or at least was) possible to do this. What am I missing? Is there some time limit as to how long I need to wait before the Events become eligible to Transfer?

And the real question I should be asking myself, why should I want to preserve this Super Bowl for all time since it didn't feature the Colts, Bears, or Broncos?

Two possibilities. One I vaguely remember that PTAT must go past the time frame that it is preserved in the PTAT folder before it can be deleted OR transferred to EHD, which also deletes it from the main drive.
Two, there may be DRM restrictions on copying to outside media.

Simply wait for the period you have PTAT set to erase (typically a week) and then do your transfer. That's how I've done it for several years.

Well, you know, that bit about waiting for it to leave the PTAT recordings rings a bell. I bet that I tried jumping the gun here. I'll give it a shot in another week.

Since the recordings are "Saved" I should be good to go to retry next week. Thanks everybody!

My recording of the SB wasn't in Prime Time (a west coast phenomena) so I was able to transfer it to my EHD today. I did go to the end of that recording, however, and it ended with a bit over a minute left in regulation time. The recording of the post game show was in Prime so I went to the PTAT folder and saved that one. It has the rest of the game on it. I'll transfer that to my EHD next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)