Transferring to Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The timers (and I am pretty sure most or all settings) are automatically backed-up to the remote control. After my first Hopper Duo died, when I got my replacement Hopper Duo, all I had to do was pair the old remote to the new receiver, and all of my timers and settings were automatically restored. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
Unless you lose your remote :eeek of course I've lost flash drives too :biggrinBTW the Hopper Duo came out this year and you already got a bad one?

The timers (and I am pretty sure most or all settings) are automatically backed-up to the remote control. After my first Hopper Duo died, when I got my replacement Hopper Duo, all I had to do was pair the old remote to the new receiver, and all of my timers and settings were automatically restored. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Automatically! Wow! Mine may not have since the Installer paired the 54's first. Otherwise . . .

As I said manually backup if your remote hasn't been connected long. I have seen it talked about, but never answered as to when first and how often the remote is updated. And I am always making timer changes, so I just say backup the remote as a precautionary measure as part of the process. CYAwD (Cover Your A$$ with DISH).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Automatically! Wow! Mine may not have since the Installer paired the 54's first. Otherwise . . .

As I said manually backup if your remote hasn't been connected long. I have seen it talked about, but never answered as to when first and how often the remote is updated. And I am always making timer changes, so I just say backup the remote as a precautionary measure as part of the process. CYAwD (Cover Your A$$ with DISH).
In May 2013 I did a backup check on a spreadsheet for 13 40.0 remote controls paired to four HWSs and one Joey 1. The remotes did an auto backup about once a week. I would presume the 54.0 remotes do the same thing with the Hopper 3. You can no longer check what the backup date is because of the new CUI.

Edited, added a file.

Attachments

• HopperRemoteBUwizardTest.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: SandFarmer
Yeah, it surprised me that it did that. Like I said, in my case I did not manually backup anything from the first Hopper Duo because I was not expecting it to die. Then when it did die, there was no way to get to the menu to backup the timers and settings. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I paired the remote to the replacement Hopper Duo and I did not have to reset my timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)