Transfers to EHD

mfs54729

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls, WI.
Has anyone found a way around the problem transferring recordings to an external hard drive? When I go to my DVR I have 11 recordings but when I try to transfer some to an external hard drive it says there are no events. I have a new HWS waiting to replace my Hopper but I'd like to save a few show first. I'm unable to transfer them to a hard drive.

I did a chat this morning and got transferred to second level support. They told me they would report it to engineering and it would be fixed in 48 hours (yea, right).

Mark

They might be PTAT events. I have timers for the shows we usually watch so they are always on the first DVR screen and are saved for more than 8 days. PTAT is on in case there's a show we want to watch that we didn't set a timer for.

Mark

You cannot transfer to the EHD if the show is being "watched" by any Hopper,
any Joey, any PIP window, any transfer, or is recording,
or is in the timeout period (default 8 days) for PTAT. Possibly more cases.
That why I don't use PTAT because I want to record it as soon as I can.

My problem right now is that I cannot save some shows seemingly due to S328 update.
Many shows work but other shows stop with 1 to 4 seconds left. Wish I could force it.
It require a reboot. The show is hung and no other transfers will go.

Starting last night several new shows got an Error Code 004 while in this hung state.
The error message comes as soon as the recording is selected, not during play.

I'm getting quite a backlog.

-Ken

Yes, it is the PTAT recordings that I can't transfer. I turned off PTAT for now but I still can't transfer them. Now that PTAT is turned off do I still have to wait the 8 days or is there any way to speed up the process?

Mark

I am having the same problem since the last software upgrade. Every time that I have tried to transfer shows, it has hung up before the transfer has finished. The only way out is to reboot the Hopper. I never had a problem until the last software upgrade.

Same Problem transferrring to EHD

Cannot transfer to any external hard drive. Hangs up with 1to 5 seconds left. A reboot restores the program to the Hopper but cannot transfer. Issue just started after last update

A customer called today complaining of the same thing. He said he can transfer shows that were recorded after the S328 update but nothing from before the update will transfer.

Edited to add that I did not confirm his report.

Last edited:
A customer called today complaining of the same thing. He said he can transfer shows that were recorded after the S328 update but nothing from before the update will transfer.

Edited to add that I did not confirm his report.

That's interesting. I recorded and transfered both ota and sat events today but they were things I just recorded today. I guess I'll try older content once I get home.

No solution to offer, but I transferred six show today from earlier in the summer, 2 OTA, no problems.

The worst bugs are the ones that are not consistently reproducible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)