Transformer Prime / Now with Jellybean

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Finally got the JB upgrade installed . I had issues iniitally due to rooting the tablet. Once addressed the upgrade was smooth and took about 30 minutes. There are no major interface changes, but the UI feels faster. Some synthetic benchmarks show marked improvement but I don't know what real-world effect that will have on performance.

So far, one problem I've found. The D-Link USB Network adapter I'm using doesn't want to get an IP address through DHCP. I'm not sure what the issue is yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

As I use it, I find this seems more like a tuneup than a new rev. of android. That's not a complaint, and I quite like the active notifications.

The new Transformer Primes was tested as the best tablet last time I checked a month ago. It has the Techra 3 quad core processor in it.

Stargazer:

The TFP is a great device. I use it daily at work -- we have connections outside of our corporate network to test things from our customer's perspective. That's in addition to connections to our corporate network.

So I use the TFP on the external network for testing and my PeeCee for all of my other work functions.

Will the original Transformer be getting the JB update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts